74.

As I stir the pasta in the pan, I glare at that teddy sitting on the couch..
How dare he come in my room while I was still sleeping and not just that he left a non living version of himself, plus cleaned my room, and stuffed my fridge with a lot of fruit juices and other snacks.
And yeah, my phone was also put to charging!

Isn't he a prince charming!?

I sighed and served myself a plate. I came out and sat on the couch, glaring at the TV.

The t-shirt that this teddy bear was wearing was gifted by David to Eric, and mind it Eric was pretty proud of wearing it..

'Don't talk to me! I bite!'

I feed myself properly and look at the bear again. He looks inviting. And he had a smile, and somehow caused me to smile.

Keeping all thoughts aside, I used it as a pillow and it really helped.

Smiling to myself, I knew this is what I will do. I will sleep, eat, read and figure my life out.

*

FOUR DAYS LATER..

The doorbell interupted my thoughts. Today was a bright day, and so I dressed up myself properly and preparing to go for a walk.

May be some online delivery because for the last few days, I have never heard from anyone. Even though my phone was alive and kicking, I didn't get anything.

And somehow I appreciated it.

I opened the door to see him leaning on the stairwell. Him being David.

I smiled up at him, "David!"

He was already grinning, "What's up little one!? Out of your hybernation?"

I chuckled and nodded, "Come in.."

He strolled in behind me. David was never the one with whom one can feel uncomfortable. He knows how to mix his vibes appropriately with others.

"I expected broken furniture, bottles of vine, and you hung over stumbling in the doorway!"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't do that David. Now tell me what would you like to drink?"

"Uhm...what about coffee!?"

"Okay! I'll be out in a minute. Feel home."

I went in the kitchen to prepare two mugs of coffee and came out only to find David poking his finger on the teddy bear.

"David..!", I passed him his mug.

"I know about him.", He pointed at the stuff toy, "He looks cute!"

I chuckled, "He is. But he is scary also."

He sipped from the mug, "So tell me what are you upto these days?"

I shake my head, "Nothing important. Just chilling.."

"Did ya...!", He abruptly stopped, "Uhm...I just came here to catch up with you..."

"Uh..okay!", I smiled, "Where's Venus?"

"She was insisting on coming here but I said it is sibling time and she ain't my sibling!", He scoffed and I laughed.

"So Erica!? You want to visit our father's place someday? I have a lot to show you..."

I hesitated. I never thought I will get to visit my father's place.

"Uhm David? Don't you think...!"

He shook his head before I could complete, "I don't think anything Erica! That place is lying lifelessly for years. When I moved out of mansion, I decided to live there, but that place was so lonely, I just didn't want to stay there anymore and thus, bought a penthouse. Now when I have people to call my family, I am not letting that place suffer anymore. So, will you?"