Get It Together

I went over to the apartment to grab a few things. The Sheriff wanted me to stay a few days over at the house, so he could keep an eye on me.

While I was over at the apartment, Allison came into my room. Scott texted her asking if her if I could grab one of Chris's guns to tranquilize Malia's dad. So, he wouldn't kill his own daughter. I agreed but wasn't sure how accurate my shot would be.

Isaac came over the next day with the Xylazine. My sister was in the office with us, "Do you think you can hone in on Malia?" She asked him.

"If not, we're going to be in the woods for a very long time." I continued.

"I've got a pretty good lock on her scent. It's actually kind of strong."

"What is it?" Alli asked.

"Pee." He says to her and hands me the needle to transfer the tranquilizer liquid into a bullet.

I try to put the needle in and my hands won't stop shaking. I drop the small bottle of Xylazine. I go to pick it up and when I stand back up to see Allison and Isaac kissing. Kate was standing at the door, "Oh, didn't you know? They've hidden this from you for a while. This connection they have, much stronger to each other than to you." Kate came to stand right behind me, pushing my hair off my shoulder.

I took a deep breath. "No."

"Yes. While you've been off studying and working and trying to be everyone else's hero. You've neglected them, left them with only each other to turn to."

"No!"

"Isleen!" I blink and I had the gun pointed at Allison and Isaac. They both had their hands up.

I put it down, "I am so sorry. It was just a dream. Just a dream, Isleen." I found each of my fingers, counting them out loud. I look back up to them, "I'm so sorry." I put my hands up to surrender.

"How am I supposed to help anyone if I'm like this? What am I supposed to do?" I ask them.

Isaac walked over to me, grabbing my hand with the tiny bottle. "Let me help you. Show me what to do."

Allison actually helped Isaac and just for a second I saw them kissing again in my mind. "I'll be right back." I walked out of the room, taking deep breaths and put my shoes on. "It was a dream, a hallucination. You are safe."

I heard footsteps getting close to me. Alli poked her head around the corner. "Are you alright?"

"You don't have feelings for Isaac, do you?" I ask.

"What? No. No!"

"Because if you do, I want to know."

"No I don't and never have. I like that he is your boyfriend and he keeps you safe. He talks to you when you close in on yourself, when you won't let me in. I'm grateful you are able to open yourself up to him, those are my feelings towards him. I would never go after him if you guys broke either, that's girl code. Or maybe I wouldn't want to kiss my twins' ex-boyfriend."

"Come one you two! We got to go!" Isaac shouts.

"We are going to talk about this later." She said and I nodded to her.

Isaac drove us to where we were meeting everyone in the woods. I was scared to disappoint everyone and my hands shook while we were driving here.

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia asked.

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott clarified.

Isaac of course, clarified what Scott meant. "Actually we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote. Who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter."

"And again with the not helping," Stiles said and I smiled at him. Good old brother vs. boyfriend.

Alli held onto one of my arms, comforting me. Scott looked back at us, "Did you bring it?" I let go of her arms to grab the gun out of the trunk. Then we heard gunshots.

Scott got on his bike and Isaac started running after him. And Alli and I followed them. We stopped for a second and heard another gunshot, then ran again.

Of course, Isaac was running full werewolf speed, and Alli and I could barely keep up. "Isaac, wait!" We both yelled, then looked at each other. "Twin thing."

We keep running following after my boyfriend when he screamed in pain. "Isaac!" I ran faster.

His foot was caught in a trap. "Lena, there he is."

"I need to help you."

"No, you need to shoot him. Do it, I'm fine!" He shouted. "Hit Tate. Use the tranq on him. Ok?"

I found him in my magnifier, my whole frame shook. I shoot, and it missed. "Lena. Nous protègons ceux qui ne peuvent pas se protèger eux-měmes." Alli said to me. I look at her and Isaac.

I bring the gun back up, "Nous protègons ceux qui ne peuvent pas se protèger eux-měmes." Alli and I say together. And then I shoot; hitting Tate. I look again for Malia. "Guys, she's gone."

We waited for a few minutes, then we heard it. Scott roared, making Isaac's eyes glow yellow. He pulled the sides off of the trap on his foot.

The Sheriff showed up and I went with him to the Station to get Malia cleaned up. An officer gave me a towel and some clothes for her. I showed her where the bathroom was and what to use and said I would be outside.

The Sheriff and Stiles took her to Tate after.

I went to the hospital the next day and I told them I was ready to come back.