chapter thirteen ; "a heartbroken wolf."

BLUE  M O O N

PART TWO

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ; "ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡᴏʟꜰ."

298 AC

298 AC. THE RIVERLANDS. 

THE NEWS OF LORD STARK'S DEATH FESTERED DEEP WITHIN THE KIND WOMAN'S HEART, THE NEWS OF DRAGONS HAD OPENED HER EYES AND THE NEWS COMBINED HAD MADE JENNY MORE AWARE OF THE WORLD AROUND HER. Jenny learned that anyone could die, anyone could disappear and more importantly, anything could happen - with the revelation of the mixture of information that had been born, after making peace with her brother, she had asked him to train her how to use a sword. Needless to say, the woman was dreadful with a sword in her hand - she found the weapon too heavy, Theon Greyjoy tried to teach her how to use a bow, but that failed too. Then on a whim, Ashter had given her a spear and she was truly brilliant with it.

The woman was nowhere near as good as others, but she was capable with it - she could throw it having a good range and knew how to parry the attacks with ease. It came naturally to her, the way he had seen the woman fight reminded Ashter of the Sandsnakes of Dorne or the Red Viper. It was an instinct. This was her weapon and she duelled against the soldiers with elegance and lethality, though obviously for all intents and purposes, it was with training swords and spears. Jenny knew she had much to learn still, but she now knew she could defend herself in dire situations if it came to it - though, she still detested the thought of stealing someone's life away.

In months that the maiden had learned how to learn to defend herself, Jenny had visited the Kingslayer almost every other week - she had forgiven him for what he had said. However, nothing new had come from her Father or about him - he had vanished from the many faces of the earth and Jenny often wandered at night about where he was, what he was doing or even if he still drew breath. Then, her mind would drift eastwards to the Mother of Dragons, Daenerys Targaryen - she wondered when her next dream; vision even, would be, what she would see this time. Most of all, she pondered why she saw these things, how they related to her and why were they relevant? Yes, the woman had birthed dragons, but she was thousands of leagues away across the Narrow Sea.

Robb Stark had been proclaimed King in the North, whilst Ashter had been named the Jewelled Prince and most soldiers thought that her brother was acting more like a hand to the new King than anything. Jenny could scoff at that, in truth everyone knew Robb's mother, Lady Catelyn was his most trusted advisor and rightly so, the woman was wise and cunning. Though her brother was great at commanding soldiers and fighting, he didn't have a clue about politics. Politics were a woman's game, both Jenny and the Lady of Winterfell were marvellous at it, Lady Stark was extremely clever - so clever, she even caught onto the Daemadar visiting the Kingslayer rather than, 'mentally tormenting' him, like she claimed to be doing.