chapter 17

Harrison POV:

6:30AM.

I couldn't sleep again. There was no point really since I had to wake up in 30 minutes, by the time I would get into deep sleep, it would be time to wake up again.

Dillon's snoring wasn't helping as well. I got up out of bed as quietly as I could, checking to make sure Dillon was asleep, and left the room with my hotel card and phone.

As expected, the hall was empty, and the stairs seemed too creepy so I went for the elevator option.

If I got kidnapped, hopefully the CCTV would be able to catch my last moments.

I sneaked out to the pool, successfully avoiding the worker at the desk who looked knocked out.

I sat down by the poolside, cross legged and just... relaxed. I guess. The sun bloomed on the horizon as it rose, filling the sky with shades of orange and pink indicating the start of a new day.

Thoughts of Isaac swarmed around my brain; analysing the smallest details I could find, and making them into something I knew wasn't true but denial was my best friend.

"Don't think too hard. I can see your brain frying there."

I jumped a bit at the voice, but relaxed again when I realised it was just Alyssa.

"Well hello Alyssa." I didn't even bother turning around since it was obviously her.

"Why are you up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep." I replied.

She came and sat next to me, "Neither." Then turned to me with a knowing grin. "Bet I know why you can't sleep."

"Hm really, and what's that? Please enlighten me."

"It may be a certain boy who I happen to not like that much."

"No it's- wait how do you know?" I gave in, maybe it would help me better if I had somebody to talk to.

She tapped the side of her head. "I know everything."

Sure.

"Let me guess: he's 'straight'." She carried on, doing air quotes with her fingers.

"No he's not 'straight'." I imitated the hand gestures she had just done. "He's just straight."

"Just ask his sexuality dude. It's not that hard." She put her hand in the pool, moving it up and down.

"He's insinuated he's straight many times. I am not embarrassing myself just for him to confirm what I already know."

She shrugged, "I don't know, he looked pretty hurt at the fact you didn't ask for his help."

I opened my mouth to speak again but she cut me off.

"And when you decided to not go back to the room with him." She added.

"Yeah because we're friends. You are CEO of giving me false hope."

"Yeah but you eat it up." Which was true. Now I would overthink even more about every small actions he does.

"Well how about you? How's your love life? Probably better than mine." I joked, but it was most likely true.

"Well one good thing is that I don't have to deal with boys at all." She smiled.

"You got a girl in mind?" I questioned.