Chapter 23

Raven's P.O.V

My shift is finally over and it was 9:45 pm now. I feel really bad because I knew Kourtney, Tom and I couldn't do anything this late.

I quickly walk over to the back and grab my jacket and bag. Leaving the shop, I rush home as quick as I can.

I always liked walking back home, I didn't know if it was the beautiful route but something about it makes me feel really happy, like it was magical.

But you have to be safe. Busy cities are busy cities after all.

When I arrive home, the whole house is dark. My eyebrows scrunch up, are they already sleeping?

"Kourtney?" I call out.

After not getting a reply, I take out my phone to call her. As I'm about to press call, I can hear someone shuffle in the corner.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Raven, Happy Birthday to you," people sing.

I recognise one of the voices to be Kourtney's, but then I hear two other voices.

As the light turns on, I squint my eyes away from the brightness of the light. I look back up, when my eyes adjust with the lights, I see my parents walking up to me.

My jaw drops and I run over to them, pulling them both into a tight hug.

"Mum, Dad, I missed you both so much, but what are you doing here?" I squeal, practically jumping.

"We missed you too, we wanted to visit you."

"Raven, if you missed us so much, why didn't you come and visit us? It's always been us coming over here to visit you," mum asks me.

I sigh, "mum, you know why I never come over to visit you. And I probably won't visit or move back to London, ever again," I tell her in a hard voice, leaving no room for her to say anything else about the topic.

France was my home now and I loved it here.

Mum's face turns into a sad look but then quickly gives me a smile to cover it up.

Her acting skills are way more than bad, it's horrific.

"Let's forget about London and cut your cake," dad cuts in between us, trying to change the awkwardness.

"YES, I HAVE BEEN DYING TO CUT A CAKE, IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I CUT ONE," I yell out in excitement.

"How long has it been RayRay?" Tom asks me.

"It's been exactly a whole year today, Tom."

Tom slaps his hand onto his forehead, "RayRay, everyone cuts their birthday cake once a year because everyone has a birthday once a year," he says using a duh tone.

My parents look at him shocked, not expecting a 5-year-old to be so knowledgeable. I just playfully glare at Tom.

He was way too smart for his age, even though he wasn't being too smart, it was just common sense.

"RayRay, can you cut your cake now? Your birthday is nearly over and I really want to eat some cake," he says, rubbing his tummy.

Awe, my little baby.

"Why don't you come over here and help me cut the cake?" I ask him.

His eyes fill up with joy and he starts jumping up and down, "can I really?"

I laugh at his cuteness and nod. He grins then runs over to me while my dad grabs the cake and sets it on the table in front of us.

I pick the knife up and Tom places his small hand over mine, we both cut the cake and I feed him a bit first.