Mischief Night

Melissa and I stood at the front desk, talking. I told her I was seeing someone about my "nightmares" and I felt better. She was asking me about Isaac when we looked to see Agent Mccall and The Sheriff coming in. "Oh, here we go."

"Hey. He is not coming in."

"This is the only hospital that will take him." Agent Mccall said.

"What about County?"

"You'd be suprised how fast things fill up when a guy like this needs surgery."

"They turfed him to us?" Melissa asked.

"Yea."

"If County doesn't want to operate on him-" The Sheriff tried to put his foot down.

"Then someone has to." Agent Mccall interrupted him. We saw the entourage of police officers wheel him in, straped down.

"Somebody needs to do his pre-op interview," I say.

"Who usually does that?" Agent Mccall asked.

I looked at Melissa, "Me." I said.

"Oh, no. You are not doing that. Somebody else can, you are coming with me." The Sheriff said.

"I'm fine."

"No, he's right. You shouldn't do it, in fact you should go with the Sheriff. Go get some rest for school." Mccall said.

When my shift was over and I went home. Isaac came and picked me up in the morning. When we pulled up, Ethan and Aiden were talking to Scott. Isaac pulled me to him, "I'll see you later?" He kissed me and I nodded. "I love you."

I put his sunglasses on and backed his car out. "Love you too werewolf boy. I'll pick you up after school." I blew him a kiss and drove to my destination. I parked the car and climbed the many many stairs. I put my weight into pulling the door open.

"Hello, boys." I waved down the steps of Derek's loft.

"Lena, so good to see you." Derek walked over to me and hugged me.

"Peter," I say to him.

"Isleen."

"I heard I am sewing on a finger. Your finger, Peter." I sit down on a chair, "Now just what have you boys been up to?"

As I was cleaning the needle for Peter's finger, "You know, got captured by hunters." Peter said.

I looked to Derek, "You what?"

"We are fine now. How is everyone here?" He changed the subject.

"Where do I start? Scott couldn't control his transformations for a while. Stiles couldn't read and was having nightmares so bad he had to scream himselve awake. And I was having hallucinations of my psychotic dead aunt. We're ok, now. I think."

I started sewing the finger back on to Peter, "Ow! Don't you have any anesthetic?"

"Yep," I say not looking up to him.

"Well, Derek, are you at least going to tell me what I risked life and digit... for?"

He hissed as I finished sewing him up. "I'm gonna show you. Lena, this stays between us."

"My lips are sealed. You know for my tattoo and all." I winked at him. I got up from the chair so Derek could sit down. He opened up a little circular box that had his packs symbol on it; he poured out claws.

"After the fire, that's all that was left of her."

"Talia. I can't decide if that's touching or morbid. I guess the real question is, what are you planning on doing with them?"

"I have to ask her something. And from what I've heard, this is the only way that's possible." Derek put the box infront of Peter.

He looked at his hand, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Why do you think I had Lena sew your finger back on?" I smiled at Peter.

Derek started putting the claws back in the box, "You know, there's always an element of danger to rituals like this. I'm not particularly fond of them. Unless they somehow benefit me."

I stood behind Derek, watching Peter like he asked me to. "What do you want?" Derek asked.

"I want to keep them." Derek looked up at him, "Sentimental value. She was your mother, but she was also my sister." I looked at him, "What? Am I not allowed a little bit of sentiment?"

"Are you even capable of feeling sentiment?" I ask him.

Derek had finished with putting the claws in the box and put it again in front of Peter.

I watched as he hestiated to put his fingers in. Derek shook his head, "Too long."

"No! no, wait!" Peter said. I smiled the whole time.

When Peter came out of it, Derek got ready to talk to his mother. Derek watched me, watch Peter. I trusted Derek, so his little favor was nothing at all. I didn't trust Peter, so being able to watch while he plotted was enjoyable for me.

"This is going to be excruciatingly painful," Peter said while Talia's claws were on him now.

"Just do it."

"Oh, I'm going to. I just wanted you to know we all have our petty revenges." Peter stuck his claws into Derek's neck and a few minutes later, he pulled them out. "Did you see her? What did you ask her? Did she say anything about me?" My former Alpha turned to his uncle, "Well that doesn't look good."

Derek came over to me, "Lena, I'm ok. I'll text you later."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, thank you." I nod.

I walked through the front door of the apartment, "Is Isaac here?"

"Yep!" Alli yelled.

"Did anyone tell him we electrified the windows?"

"Nope!"

I walked to my room, seeing my boyfriend. "I just remembered, I didn't pick you up at school. Sorry."

"You know I'm a little more hurt that you didn't tell me about the windows."

"Babe. Just take the elevator." I squish his cheeks. The light on my chandelier flickered until it was completely off. There were suddenly shadows and people all around us. They start attacking Isaac, both of us trying to fight them off.

In the end, it did nothing.