➳ 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jungkook's hands were sweating cold on the steering wheel as he waited for the police officer to approach his car. He never thought this could happen since everything was going fine until now. 

He just needed to maintain the calm.

They all looked somehow anxious, including Jimin from the back seat, who desperately wanted to ask his friend if they should be worried about something. But he couldn't. Not when there were two other girls with them.

"It's okay, guys," Seulgi said, looking over her shoulder. "Maybe they are just checking around."

The knock on the glass drew Jungkook from his petrified state, and his heart began hammering against his ribs before he could even roll down the window.

Once he did, the policeman leaned down with a sympathetic smile. "Good evening."

"Good evening, officer," Jungkook replied, smiling as well. "Was I speeding?"

"It's just a routine traffic stop," he said casually. "Apparently there's been illegal transportation around this area. Can I see your driver's license and car registration, please?"

"Sure," Jungkook reached for the glove compartment next to Jieun's seat. She glanced briefly at him, and he winked as a sign everything was okay.

"So, where are you kids coming from?" the officer asked while checking the boy's ID.

"Beach. We're heading home now."

"I see." Several seconds passed by filled with nothing but the silence until the man stepped away. "I'll be right back."

On the back seat, Jimin could see Jungkook's apprehension as much as he tried to hide. The minute their eyes met from the rearview mirror, the answer was obvious. They were in trouble.

"The officer said something about illegal transportation," Seulgi muttered to Jimin. "What do you think it is?"

"I don't know..." he answered quietly, then looked over to Jungkook again. "And don't ask."

The steps of the policeman coming back told them to keep silent. Jimin waited, and the moment the man leaned down, he quickly tried to read his name tag in the uniform.

He had to think fast. If Jungkook had drugs in the car, not only all of them would go to jail, but his father, knowing the kind of person he was, wouldn't do anything to get him out.

"I know it must be troublesome to do that, but I'll have to ask to search-"

"Mr. Han, is that you?"

The policeman frowned when the boy popped out between Jungkook and Jieun. "Excuse me?"

"It's me, Park Jimin! Park Woo-Jun's son," he said, reaching for his hand to shake.