𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

Rylee and Morgan searched every inch of Auradon Prep before finally finding Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos sitting at one of the tables in the outdoor quad. Smiles instantly appeared on their faces as they walked over to their friends, only for them to fade when they saw who was sitting at another table nearby. As the princesses walked past the table that housed Audrey and her followers, they heard their whispers and felt their stares burning holes in the back of their heads. Rylee and Morgan did their best to ignore them as they stopped in front of the small blue table. While Evie and Carlos looked up at them with sadness in their eyes, Jay and Mal did their best to avoid eye contact. Despite knowing the Auradon students were watching them, Rylee did her best to keep her attention on her friends.

"Hey, guys," Morgan greeted the four as she and Rylee sat next to them at their table. When her small smile wasn't returned, the redheaded girl let out a small sigh and continued speaking. "Listen, I don't like how everything ended back there. Let's just pretend it never happened and move on."

"Life doesn't work that way," Evie responded while glancing over at the group of Auradon students before her gaze fell on her intertwined fingers, "they think we're monsters."

Rylee just studied the blue-haired girl before she rubbed her hands over her face. She took a moment to gather her thoughts and try to find the right words to say. When she looked back up, she found everyone staring at her with unreadable expressions on their faces. However, as soon as they noticed her looking back at them, they all looked away. It was right then that the Fitzherbert girl remembered what Elliot told her when Chad was giving her and Morgan a hard time about joining the Tourney Team. She just hoped it worked just as well on her new friends as it did on her.

"Don't let what they said get to you. Chad just likes hearing himself talk. But what he said was wrong," the blonde princess told them, drawing all of their attention back to her before Rylee's eyes fell on the girl sitting across from her, "Evie, you're one of the smartest students at Auradon Prep. You know your self-worth and that's a lot more than most people can say here."

After seeing a ghost of a smile flash across the daughter of the Evil Queen's face, Rylee turned to look at the daughter of Maleficent. "And Mal, you're one of the best things that's happened to Ben in a very long time. You're really bringing out the true Ben. He's becoming the person we haven't seen since before he started dating Audrey."

"Carlos, you're one of the kindest guys that walks the halls of this school," Morgan continued for the Fitzherbert girl after seeing where her friend was going with her speech, "and Jay, Rylee said it before and I'll say it again, we know you don't enjoy hurting people, you were just protecting your friends."