But I'm Not Supernatural

I dropped Isaac and my sister off at the apartment, changed into my scrubs and went off to work. I made sure to put a few shots of espresso in my coffee as well. I was scheduled to be kinda of wherever I was needed, so for a hour I was in the ER, next I was doing pre-op interviews, and then I was at the front desk.

I saw Stiles and Melissa, she paged me. "Stiles, is everything alright?"

"Come with us." I followed them into a room and rubbed Stiles back as Melissa wrote his symptoms down.

"Blackouts. But not for that long. And sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid. Um...Also having some really bad anxiety."

"Panic attacks?" Melissa asked.

"Yea, a couple. Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read. But that might have had more to do with the giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing."

"I recall something vaguely about that, yes. How many hours of sleep are you getting?"

"Eight."

"A night?"

"In the last three days." I tell her.

I watch Stiles count his fingers, counting the hours. Melissa asked me to open the drug box as I call it. While she askes Stiles, "Been feeling irritable?"

"Yea. Possibly to the point of homicide."

"Inability to focus?"

"No, the Adderall's not working."

"Impulsive behavior?" I knew what Stiles needed and grabbed the tube of medicated liquid for him.

"More than my usual? Hard to tell."

"Vivid dreams during the day?"

"Ok, basically all of the above. Do you know what this is?"

"I think so." She said and I stood in front of him.

"Um.. what's that?"

"Do you trust us?"

"When you're not holding a needle." We laughed.

And I cleaned where the needle was going to go, "It's Midazolam. A sedative." I say.

"Why did you give me a sedative?"

"Because you, Stiles, are one profoundly sleep-deprived young man. You need rest and you need it now. Lie down." Melissa explained to him.

I held his hand as he passed out. "Ok, how long's it take to... Oh. Not long at all."

Melissa pulled his covers up for him and with his other hand grabbed hers. I pushed some of his hair back and kiss his forhead. "Get some rest."

"Thanks, mom." He said. We looked at each other and turned the lights off before closing the door to his room.

When I went to walk to the elevator my phone started to ring. "Dad?"

"I need your help. I was supposed to sell a gun from my collection to Katashi."

"And?"

"He won't do the buy in person. So, I have to do plan B."

"No, you are not doing plan B. Plan B is awful. Where are you, I'll come to you."

"We don't have time. If-"

"If Isaac has time to put a suit on, I have time. Where are you?"

I clocked out and definitely ran a few red lights, making it just to see my sister talking Isaac up. I hop out of the car, first thing I did was tuck in his shirt into his pants. "Isaac. You got this. You look hot and maybe like a boyish man, but still a man. Go in there with the confidence I know you have, buried deep inside. The confidence that made me fall in love with you, ok?"

"I'm going to get my head blown off by a bunch of Japanese fingerless mobsters-" I pull him down to kiss me and moved his hand down my body to my butt.

"How do you feel now?" I ask him.

I sat in my car until Derek called me. He said Scott's mom needed my help, told me to get Scott's house. Again for the second time that day, I raced over to where I was needed. I get off my car to see the Oni, surrounding the house.

I'm not supernatural, I can get through. I watched the Oni move and right when I saw a window, I ran up the deck in the backyard and across the mountain ash. I ran right into Derek's back, "Melissa!"

"She's upstairs," Derek said.

"Melissa!" I run into Scott's room to see Agent Mccall bleeding. "What can I do?"

"Grab a towel and put pressure on it and help me keep him awake."

"You got it." I ran to the hall closet and came back in to the room. I put my knee on his shoulder, keeping pressure on Agent Mccall. "So, I'm Lena. Isleen Argent..." And I rambled on until Melissa called 911 and the ambulance was able to get there in time. I washed my hands and Derek walked me to my car.

"Derek?"

"Lena."

"I was wondering something. That night the Oni attacked Isaac, they also attacked me. But they didn't go after Allison. I'm not supernatural, or at least I don't think I am because I'm able to go over mountain ash. What am I?"

He flashed his eyes at me, "Turn around."

I spun around to have Derek harshly grab my shoulders. He smoothed down my back, a lot. "See anything?"

"No. Maybe. It's hard to tell, let me talk to Peter."

I turn to face him, "You know I don't trust Peter."

"Nobody trusts Peter, but he might know what this is."

"What what is?" I reach my hand back to where he was rubbing.