Chapter 5

Will's POV

    After lunch, I went back to the classroom as quickly as I could. I got a few weird looks as I raced down the hallway. 

    When I got to the classroom, I grabbed my bag and hurried down to the hospital wing. The walk there seemed longer than usual. As I ran through the corridor, I could feel the eyes of the paintings follow me.

Finally, I arrived at the hospital wing. I pushed the door open and walked over to Nico's bed. He's still unconscious, after shadow traveling to both the camps and back. Even after becoming a god, using his powers still drains him. I did what I could with my healing, but he just needs rest. A couple of days ago, Hades visited me and told me that when this happens I have to give him a potion called the Draught of Living Death. When a mortal drinks this potion, they fall into a deathlike slumber. But it has a different effect on immortals. When they drink it, it makes them fall asleep and helps them heal their wounds faster. I was told to give him the potion when he wakes up. 

Madam Pomfrey came bustling over to check on Nico before it was time to sleep.

''Please tell me if he wakes up.'' She eyes me,''I'm assuming you're going to stay the night.'' I nod, she pulls out her wand and conjures a slightly nicer chair for me to sit in. She sets a glass of water on the side table and hurries back into her office.

I look back at Nico, he always looks so nice when he's sleeping. I grab his hand as I feel myself slowly drift off to sleep.

I woke the next day to Madam Pomfrey standing over me. I rub the sleep out my eyes and look at her

''You should go to breakfast.''She smiled,''It is the most important meal of the day.'' I groaned and stood up. My back hurt, but I guess that's what I get for sleeping in a chair. 

The hallways were relatively empty, so no one really noticed me. However that meant everyone noticed me coming into the dining hall late. I walked quickly to the head table and sat down. I put some food on my plate, but I wasn't really hungry. 

After breakfast, I went back to the hospital wing. Nico seemed to have woken up while I was at breakfast, because Madam Pomfrey was bustling around his bed doing all sorts of things. I walked over and plopped on to my chair. Nico looked over and smiled at me. He still looked very tired and he was pretty pale, but he was looking better. Once Madam Pomfrey was satisfied with his check up she walked briskly back into her office and shut the door. Nico and I talked for a while. I told him about the potion he had to take, and he told me about all the news from the camps.

Around seven, a group of people came into the room. I recognized three of them as the alleged Golden Trio along with two others, that I didn't know the names of. I looked around and realized that we were the only ones in the hospital, so unless one of them was injured they were here to see us.

''Hello, what brings you here today?'' I ask them. Hermione came forward and spoke.

''Well, we heard Professor Di Angelo was in the hospital wing, so we wanted to make sure he was okay.'' I smiled

''I guess news travels fast at Hogwarts. It is very kind of you to come visit, I can assure you he is doing well.'' I look over at the clock,''I do believe it is almost time for dinner. Aren't they announcing the champions today.''

''I totally forgot about that, we'd better get going. Good bye.'' She waved as they walked out the door.

''Would you like to go to the feast?'' Nico thought about it for a couple of seconds, then nodded. He slowly stood up, I wrapped my arm around his waist and we made our way to the door. 

Unlike this morning, we were a little bit early and there were only a few people in the dining hall. We sat in our chair as more and more people came into the hall, chattering excitedly. The food appeared on the platters and everybody dug in. I looked over at Nico, he had only grabbed an apple. His eating habit have gotten better over the years, but sometimes he still doesn't eat enough.

''Come on Neeks, you've got to eat more than that.'' He glared at me.

''I'm not hungry.''

''Please eat at least a little more than an apple.''

''Fine.'' He grabbed a roll, ripped off a chunk and shoved it in his mouth.''Happy?'' I couldn't help but smile.

''Yes.''

The food disappeared and Dumbledore walked to the center of the room, where the Goblet of Fire sat. 

''Now for the Goblet of Fire to choose the champions. If you are chosen, please go into the room behind the head table.'' A piece of paper flew up from the Goblet. He read the name.''The Durmstrangs champion, Viktor Krum.'' There was loud cheering from the Slytherin table. The next piece of paper shot out of the cup. ''The Beauxbatons champion, Fleur Delacour.'' There were a couple of cheers, but mostly polite clapping. The last paper fluttered down into Dumbledore's hand.''Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory.'' Loud cheers echoed through the hall, but the loudest cheers came from the Hufflepuff table. As Dumbledore started to walk away, another paper flew out of the Goblet. The entire hall went silent as he read the paper. He looked up and said,''Harry Potter.''

A/N 
Hey it's finally an update. Sorry this took so long, I have to get better at managing my time.
Just letting you know, I start school in a couple weeks so I'll probably not update as often, but I'll try my best.
have a good day/night you beautiful bean