Chapter Forty-Eight

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ENDS in which you will go for love, until the moment is handed to you

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ENDS in which you will go for love, until the moment is handed to you. Some may give up their souls for it. Some may even die for it. However love may find you it will always be worth it.

To Nova Lee, love was what saved her.

•••

Nova didn't know whether she was dead or alive. Her active mind had her believing she was alive, but the pain suddenly sprouting from her chest made her wish she were dead. Her head was groggy in more ways than one. Regardless of her own troubles she only wished one thing. To open her eyes and assure herself that Thor was still there. She didn't want to live in a world where he wasn't there.

She felt a rush of air fill her lungs before she opened her eyes with a gasp. She was met with blurry lights and blonde hair in her vision line. She attempted to reach her hand out to touch the fine locks, but she could hardly muster the strength.

His large hand immediately grasped hers, rubbing circles on her palm.

"Nova Lee."

Her eyes focused in on Thor's loving face. It made her panic for a moment.

Nova thought back to the fight they had before. The betrayal he must have felt when he found out her abilities were kept a secret. "I'm so sorry," She stuttered out with wide eyes, "you must be angry with me."

He placed a gentle hand on her chest, which made her lean into his touch.

"I will save my temper for the sake of your heart."

"Yes you did get impaled in the chest just a week ago," another voice chipped in.

Loki came into Nova's view, she watched Thor give him a disapproving look.

"I've been out an entire week?"

Loki let out a weak laugh finally meeting her brown eyes, "you really are a stupid girl."

This comment caused the brothers to bicker. Thor making a comment about his insensitive nature. Loki claiming the whole event was Thor's fault.

The yelling began to agitate Nova's head.

"Loki," she said in a small voice, his attention turned to her causing their pointless chants to stop.

The God of Mischief didn't look so skeptical when his emotions were laid out in front of her eyes. She could tell he was covering his underlying worry with bitterness.

"Could you get me some water?"

The dark haired god sighed as if annoyed but nevertheless exited the room.

Her eyes were back on Thor. He looked curious with a dash of hurt in his features.

"Why did you do that?" he said gently, peering deeply into her eyes as if he would find the answer.

Nova crinkled her nose adjusting her head to look at him closer.

"Do what?"

"You put yourself in front of danger Nova Lee. You should be dead right now. A sword went right through your heart and I saw it happen. I saw you fall.. I thought you were dead."

He caught himself before he his emotions took hold.

"But you're not human anymore are you Nova?"

"I don't know what I am Thor. All I know is you can't possibly be mad at me for trying to help. Because I will do it again. I will do it over and over again if it means I can keep the blade away from your skin. You cannot expect me to be sorry for loving you that much."

Thor put his head in his hands in frustration, "what have I done to you my girl?"

"You granted me strength I didn't have before. You gave me a way to protect myself. Do you not want that?"

"Believe me Nova Lee, I am thankful to the gods for this ability. To have given you a piece of me. I feel the electricity within your skin and I feel it connects me to you," he mumbled rubbing his finger tips over her arm, "but your strength didn't come from me. I am afraid of what this power may do to you."

"It may do nothing but bring me closer to you," Nova practically yelled sitting forth. The brunette immediately winced at the quick motion of her wound.

Thor held onto her closely, letting her catch her breath. The sigh he let out was weak as he cradled her near.

"You cannot jump blindly into danger. Not for me. Not for Asgard."

The two were silent for a moment as Nova remembered the piercing sound of cement crumbling down upon the ground. She had never seen a kingdom fall.

"What has become of Asgard?"

Thor didn't have the answer. Nova Lee took his speechless nature as a sign of despair. Clinging onto his body tightly she stared into his storming eyes.

"Show me."