chapter forty

Emily

Harry and Niall had both been here for over a month now, getting close to two. I know I had told myself I couldn't get too attached having Harry around constantly, but it just felt so right being able to go to sleep and wake up with him. 

Molly and Niall were currently at Molly's second appointment while I worked in the cafe, helping with the waiting of the tables.

I took a couples empty coffee cups, giving them both a warm smile before taking them to the back kitchen. I carefully kicked open the door with my foot before max held it open on the other side. 

"Thank you" I said as I walked in and he walked out. I placed the dirty cups in the sink that was already filled with dishes.

"Harry stop- Emily, Harry keeps eating lemon meringues again" I spun around at the sound of Bella's whines to see Harry sitting on the counter with two small lemon meringue pies in his hand. 

"Harry baby, can you please stop eating the customers food" I said, coming over and standing in between his legs.

"I can't, there just so good" Harry said before placing one of the pies in his mouth. I turned around to Bella, giving her a sorry smile. 

All of the staff in the cafe were used to seeing Harry and Niall around now. All of them got along with each other. I could tell Bella was the one getting most frustrated by Harry's presence though, seeing as she was usually the one cooking whenever Harry ventured into the kitchen to find something to eat.

Bella gave me a shrug, returning to the lemon meringue pies she was making and I turned back to Harry who was now reaching for another small pie. Bella swatted his hand away, causing me to chuckle when Harry retreated his hand with an annoyed look.

I turned around only to have Harry grab my hand.

"I have to talk to you about two things" I wheeled around, not liking where this conversation was going. I must have given Harry a worried look because he chuckled. "It's nothing bad" He reassured as he hopped down from the counter, intertwining our hands and leading me out of the kitchen.

He stopped by the stairs, reaching his hands down to play with the hem of my apron.

"So, I was gonna go back home soon. Maybe in like a week or so" Harry said. I took in a breath, knowing that this conversation would happen soon. His eyes flickered in between my own, trying to read how I felt. I placed my hands on his upper arms.

"It's ok Harry, I know you can't stay here forever" I chuckled. "We can't always be together, we'd probably get sick of each other" I joked. I felt Harry tense slightly and my smile faltered. Harry hummed in response, giving me a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Anyway, I was wondering if maybe I could meet your family before I go" Harry said. A smile played on my lips at Harry's words. 

I'd wanted him to meet my family for a long time but I didn't want to rush him into having to. They all knew about Harry now, Mum was the first to know, and I couldn't be happier that Harry brought it up.

"You really want to meet them?" I asked.

"Of course, I want to meet the two people that made the most incredible women and the three others who I'm sure are just as incredible" Harry chuckled. 

"Well I'd love that. But I have to warn you, they can get very annoying" I joked. Harry chuckled before placing a small kiss on my lips.

"What's the second thing you want to talk about?" I asked, pulling away because I knew Harry wouldn't. Harry hesitantly opened his mouth before shutting it again.