Chapter 11: history and a curious angel

Y/n POV

"Zdrada what did you mean by that? Are you saying that devils are different from devils?" I ask her.

"Yes y/n. We are." Lucifer says putting down a plate of pancakes on the coffee table.

She then takes a seat beside me as she begins to explain.

"While on the outside we may seem the same but if you look deeper we are not. We have existed long before the devils did. Due to that we are more intelligent and more powerful than the devils." She begins.

"I know that you may be wondering about the two Lucifers. The answer is simple really. Both sides need a ruler to lead them. So I was elected to be the Lucifer of the demons while sirsechs was chosen for the devils after his father." She says.

"While the demons did live with the devils for some time when the war broke out we went away and created a separate hell for ourselves away from the fighting. Ever since then we have had no knowledge of what has been happening outside of our hell. So In that regard we were unable to know about the wedding between you and the previous girls until it was too late." She says with a hint of regret.

"Then the rest of it you know. That is why we were never there In the first place in the beginning." She finishes.

I finally understood as I nodded my head.

"So yeah we built our own hell to get away from the bitching and drama. It's been pretty chill back home. When humans aren't reincarnated as angels or devils they come right to us. So if rias and the others don't get to you when you die you'll spend eternity with us." Melina says as she takes a swig from her alcohol.

I lower my head when I heard Rias' name.

"I can never look at her or the others again. After I thrown away her heart for revenge I'm sure that her and the others will be disgusted when they hear my name. So I guess it's for the best I stay with you all." I say to them.

After that they all went about their business. I decided to head to town and enjoy some alone time with the boys. At the bar everyone is considered a bro or close friend. We look out for each other.

I got into my truck and I drove off.

Timeskip

I never told our town name didn't I? Well our town goes by Seaside Cove. As you know our town is secluded from the rest of the world so we can live in peace. Well except for me that is. I make it to the bar and I get out.

But I was then greeted again. But not by a demon girl. But by an Angel.

"Hello sir. How is your afternoon today?" She asks me.

"I'm doing alright. But may I ask what an angel is doing in the human world?" I ask her.

"Well I wanted to do research here but the archangels sensed a Soul in great pain so I was sent to investigate. Which has led me to you. Normally when a injured soul is detected we give that soul good luck to help it. But when they saw your soul they were shocked by the darkness within." She explained.

"I wanted to see before reporting back to the archangels about this darkness." She says.

She then gains a saddened look on her face.

"I may I see your soul? I-I want to see your pain." She says.

I pause for a moment. A innocent angel should never see such pain. But if she never experiences it then she may remain naive forever. After some debating I gave her my answer.

"No. It's not something that you may like. Besides your an angel I don't want to taint your mind with such negativity." I say to her. She nods but I pat her head in comfort.

"Oh and my name is azazel if your wondering

"Oh and my name is azazel if your wondering." She says again.

"I have to go now but I hope we can meet again!" She says as she grows wings from her back. She then flies up into the air waving goodbye to me. I wave back until I can't see her anymore.

I head inside to get settled in. When I walked in I greeted everyone I walked past.

"Hey crazy Carl." I say.

"Howdly doo!" He replies.

"Hey Charles." I Greeted.

"To you as well y/n." He says in a formal tone.

"Hey jack." I moved on.

"Hey y/n." He replies as well.

When I greeted everyone else I passed by one more person before heading to my usual spot.

"Hey Issei." I greeted him.

"Wait."