Chapter 29 : COMFORTING HER

Hey Lovely readers as I promised I'll update soon so here is the update.

One more thing, my both works, Her Blue Eyes and Game Of Vengeance got nomination in Writer's Choice Awards so please visit 5belive profile and go to the book and vote for my work.

Show some love to your Author ♥

Don't forget to vote and comment at the end of chapter 。◕‿◕。

_______________________________________

Published On : 25/8/2020

Veer's POV

It's really hard for me to see her like that. She again had nightmare and couldn't do anything besides helplessly comforting her again.

When I came back I saw her seating on bed and breathing heavily. Her body was drained in sweat, her face had dried stains of tears and fresh tears were also rolling down from her red, swollen and watery eyes, few tendrils of hair were dispersed on her face. Taking fast step I went near her only then I realised she is having difficulty in breathing. I climbed on bed and called her several times but nothing worked. My presence of mind hit me and I realised it must a panic attack as I witnessed one of my friend having it.

I pulled her in my embrace, my heart was pounding at the peak seeing her restless. I rubbed left hand on her back and my right hand went to her dark brown locks to comfort her. She gripped my arms tightly. When her nails digged in my biceps only then I realised how much difficulty she is facing in catching air.

We stayed like until she get back to normal. If I'm not wrong her panic attack was nearly for 15 minutes.

I slowly pulled her back. She is still clutching her my arms.

She closed her eyes and catched breath.

My hands unknowingly reached to her cheeks, I wiped her tears with pad of thumb and slightly caressed her skin.

" I'm sorry ", sher murmured.

" You shouldn't be ", I said abruptly.

Our eyes meet for sometime. I tried to read her eyes, tried to find something. But apart from pain I didn't get anything.

" Sleep now ", saying that I led her back on bed. I know she is not in her state of mind now, so it would be stupidity to ask her anything now.

I pulled covers on her. And tried to get back to study as I has work to finish. I was about to get down of bed but she hold my hand. I raised my eyebrows as in question.

" Can you stay ", her cracked voice was saying that she is still not overcome from her nightmares.

When I didn't answered her , she literally pleaded me to stay, swolloing a lump formed in throat, " Please....", and there I melt.

I shook my head in yes and led next to her. She was scared, atleast I can conclude this from her body language. Her breaths were still uneven, her body was shivering. She needs comfort. I forgot all my grudges toward her and pulled her to me. She did not protests, infact she snuggled more into me resting her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her protectively and pecked her locks.

" Sleep Adhira ", saying that I switched off the lamp, introducing darkness to the room.

Guilt hit me seeing her condition. I'm responsible for it. I knew today we are not only going for Adi's alliance but also to Adhira's family.

As soon as I get the information from Adi about Prerna, I called Kapil to clear my doubt. On the very next day he did my work and then it confirmed that we are going to ask Adhira's sister's hand for Adi.