Part 13

Samantha open her eyes  and enjoy her soft bed. It's still early and she has plenty of time to prepare for training. She inhale loving the lavender scent on her bed. Today is the day, her birthday. If she's lucky she'll meet her mate today. If he's here in the Crescent Wolf Pack, escaping will be erase on her mind. She felt excited and nervous at the same time.  Who will it be? 

She recall the unmated males in the pack. The Alpha is out of the list since he was already mated, unfortunately his mate died so soon. She doesn't wanna be someone who will keep him entertain her whole life since that was all it is because there is no mate bond. Jake, yes he is a dashing debonair and she think they'll get along well. Zion is good looking too, famous models might retire early if he wish to enter the modelling industry, but...no! He has a habit of sticking his pole anywhere he please. And there is Jeremy who is strong and sweet. Jacob is a real gentleman, he would definitely make any woman a happy wife. Sam smile and kept enumerating the single men on this pack.

 If he doesn't show up today, that's okay with her. She's not in a hurry and her escape plan will go back on the top spot on her priorities. She has nothing to lose. 

She check the clock on a small table near the bed and decided to take an early shower. She wanna look clean and fresh when her mate find her. If that wont happen today, still she wanna be ready. She wanna make a good impression. That would be a good start for any relationship.

Sam dry her sweaty hands on her leggings. Her eyes are moving on the crowd in the gym. Today they were given lessons on defense. Everyone are looking at the warrior demonstrating the moves to get out on a particular scenario. The group clap their hands when he was over and scatter with a training partner. 

" Hey, are you okay? It was Nelly.

She nodded and Nelly thought she was lying. They practice basic defense. Nelly tried to hit her on the stomach and she successfully block the attack.  A serious blow on the stomach can leave her helpless. Nelly tried another move and this time she was hit. Nelly tried to grab her but she was slow to dodge the attack. 

"You're definitely not okay." Nelly announce confidently. 

Sam put her hands on her hips and simply look. Nelly usher her to the washroom. They both wash the sweat from their face, letting the cool water refresh their skin. 

"Tell me what's bothering you. You're not yourself today."

"Today I turn eighteen. It's my birthday."

"Well happy birthday!" Nelly said and hug her. She simply smile.

"It's your birthday, so what's wrong with that?" she ask innocently.

" I'm eighteen, anytime I will meet my mate. And I'm nervous."

"That's okay Sam. It's normal because you're going to spend your whole life with him. I have to wait a month before meeting mine. I'm excited for you!" 

They both walk back and join the group on their training. She kept herself busy instead to get the mate thing out of her mind. But it didn't stop that much. 

****************

"Hey birthday girl why are you still here?" Jake ask. 

Sam was a bit surprise. How did he know it was her birthday. Wait!..Oh my Goddess...could it be?

"I know I am gifted by the goddess with irresistable charm, but I wont mind you looking at me like that." He said winking at her.

"How did you know it's my birthday?" she inquire.

" I check on your file." was his answer with a sweet smile.

"Is it just mine? Did you find anything interesting?" 

"Yes, that today is your birthday.  Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you. Is that all?"

"What else do I have to check?  "

"Nothing...I'm just asking."

"You better go now and take a rest. Anyway it's your birthday. You should be enjoying it. " he said while looking at the other trainees leaving the gym. 

Sam just look at him.

"You know..like what girls usually do. Shopping, having their hair or nails done..stuff like that." He gave her a red rose she didn't notice he was holding and left with a look on his face like he know something she doesn't know.

Sam look at the pretty little flower and smell it's scent. The petals are still close but It's pretty. Jake was so sweet, his simple gesture made her smile.