38

"X-Xiu Qing...?"

Like a switch that has been turned off, Xiao Zhan felt all of his senses going numb. Refusing to register the man before him, Xiao Zhan tried to make sense of his fear. How could he be here? Wasn't he dead?

Then again, among the remains of the lab, the dead bodies they found were of little angels burnt to a crisp.

Something inside of him clicked, like a new instinct that was born in him, Xiao Zhan held his stomach, protectively. Seeing the defensive act, Xiu Qing's smirk grew ever wide as he approached Xiao Zhan.

"How far are you? 5 months? 6 months? Would you remove your coat and let me have a look?"

A chill ran down his spine as Xiao Zhan took many steps back until he reached the edge – if stairs weren't there, he would have run away.

"Stay away!"

Xiao Zhan knew better than anyone else, what the man in front was capable of.

"Ever since my lab was blasted, I've been searching for my test subjects. Few ought to survive but never did I imagine, you would be fulfilling my dream. You really are precious Zhan."

"Stay away!!" Xiao Zhan warned again. He came here running, he was still feeling dizzy from all that commotion but he kept his face stern. His parental instinct kicked in. He would not let anything happen to his child!

But that didn't stop Xiu Qing, curious to how well his test subject was doing, he dared take many steps.

Xiao Zhan was already at the edge, holding the railing with one hand while with other guarding his stomach. His eyes scurried to everything, hoping to find an escape. But aside from a monster at front, he couldn't see a thing.

"Xiu Qing!!!" Came a thundering roar.

Both Xiu Qing and Xiao Zhan looked back at the source of the voice and it was none other than Wang Yibo, followed by He Peng.

Seeing his son, together with Wang Yibo, Xiu Qing complemented,

"You did a great job, Wang Yibo."

Taking another step towards Xiao Zhan, he added, "How did you manage to bail him out? What did you offer them?"

Xiao Zhan's face grew paler by such a comment. His previous doubts taking height, making him feel small under the big sky.

What does he mean by that...?

"Xiu Qing, if you so much so laid a finger on him, I will kill you!" Wang Yibo shouted through his clenched teeth. He worriedly kept eyeing Xiao Zhan, who was cornered, one step behind and he would fall.

"Youngsters these days, don't you know I hate it when unknowing youth interfere?"

A moment of carelessness, and Xiu Qing was already standing in front of Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan almost jumped back, falling from the stairs but Xiu Qing caught him.

"Ah! Let me go!" Xiao Zhan shouted. Fear seeped in him, sensing danger from all directions. Whereas, Wang Yibo stood there with his heart in his throat.

"Father! If you hurt him, you'll lose your test subject!" He Peng interjected.

"A-Peng, you are not qualified yet to tell me how should I handle my test subjects." Xiu Qing said with a calm voice, gripping tighter on Xiao Zhan's wrist.

Wang Yibo stood just below the stairs, the situation was not in his hand but Xiu Qing really favored Xiao Zhan, he wouldn't hurt him, right?

Gulping the lump in his throat, he stated,