Izu Just Wings It

There's an incident as he's walking to school, someone is robbing a store, running away with a bag full of money, their quirk obviously the spring-like legs they have. He doesn't have his hero license yet, but he can't just stand there and watch, so he does something stupid and reckless, and casually stretches out his arm just as they're about to pass him. His arm hits them right across the throat and they go down, choking, bag dropped in favor of cradling their neck.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" As he's asking this, he subtly moves the bag behind a large conveniently placed potted plant with his legs. "That doesn't look very good, let me call 119 for you!"

As he's getting his phone out to call, bright red feathers flash by and Izuku snaps his head up to the figure squatting on the ledge of a nearby rooftop. Two pick up the person laying out on the ground, one picks up the bag, and another lifts him up. The first three all head off in the direction of the nearest police station, the one with him on it takes him to the amused man on the roofs.

"Guess I can't be the fastest all the time, huh?" Hawks grins, settling Izuku down next to him, "that was a smooth take down, though hitting the throat is risky, it could cause swelling and then they'd be unable to breathe. You're in UA, right? Hero Course I'm guessing?" Izuku nods eagerly, staring wide eyed as feathers come and go from his wings. "well, keep up the good work, I guess, kid. I'll drop you off over there, school's about to start anyway."

"Wait! Sir! Can I hug you?"

Hawks blinks at the admittedly odd request before snorting, "sure, kid."

Izu tackles him into a hug immediately, almost overbalancing him, Hawks settles an arm around the boy's shoulder and all he can think is this is nice. Two hours pass before he even knows it, his feathers are still doing his job, but he wasn't paying attention to much else until his phone buzzed. Thirteen was texting him.

Have you seen Izuku Midoriya? Followed by a picture of the kid that was snuggled under his wing, more than likely asleep. Carefully, he snapped a picture and sent it off to her with the text: this green bean?

Almost instantly, he was added to a group chat, he made an educated guess, based on the names of the people, that it was mostly UA teachers and a few other heroes. All of whom were demanding more pictures of the kid. Mentally shrugging, he took a couple more from different angles and sent them before scrolling back through the chat to figure out what it was for.

It was literally a chat for keeping track of the kid, Izuku, and for sharing pictures and bragging about cuddles, apparently. Hawks didn't want to say stalkers, but he was thinking it, really, really, loudly. But he pushes that off to the side when the adorable kickass kid snuggled closer. Some things were just more important.