16

Violet~

Evan and I reached the restaurant and ordered the food.

"So, we are going to Visit the construction site in the afternoon and from there we can plan on the... " I was speaking to him about the project, we both are going to work on when he cut me off.

"Violet, we are here to have lunch not to discuss about work. I don't discuss about work when I am eating."

"Oh, I am sorry." I apologized and began to eat our food in silence.

I was eating my food when I saw Evan was relishing his plate of Tacos, he seemed to be enjoying the food. I think I should ask him what are his favourite dishes or if he is allergic to any food. so that I can be precise with my baby, without getting him cranky.

"You seems to be enjoying the dish." I said after a minute.

"Yes, this is one of my favourite foods."

"What are your favourite foods? " I asked trying to sound casual.

"Well, well, someone's getting interested to know about me." He replied raising a brow.

"You wish." I huffed.

"Fine. I like  Alfredo pasta, sweet corn soup, Carrot cake made by my mom, Butter chicken is my favourite. And I don't like Broccoli and I am allergic to sea foods." He said the last sentence making a face.

"Okay." I said mentally making a note not to cook Broccoli and be careful with sea foods, once Archie begins to eat solids.

"Violet, I wanted to apologize to you for what all happened in our lives in the past." He started.

"Evan, I already told you, I don't want to remember anything from the past." I said curtly cutting him off.

"But Violet at least let me explain, We should clear this misunderstandings between us, so that we can start a new." He said trying to explain me. But I don't have the strength to revisit my past.

"Evan, please—Whatever happened, it was meant to be. And now I don't care about any of that. Now what we have between us is purely business, I don't have any feelings for you." I said and his face fell.

"Violet please... " He said looking into my eyes with a dull look.

I was about to speak when a over enthusiastic voice was heard.

"Look who we have here!" Sophie Mayer said walking towards our table. Sophie Mayer is a top model in the industry and June's friend.

"Hello Sophie." Evander greeted.

"Evan, it's been a long time since I had seen you. You are looking still the same, Hot and Handsome." She said placing her hand in his chest and smiling sweetly.

"Handsome and Hot! He is father of a one year old kid and you look like a mother of ten. Get your filthy hands off him." I mumbled clutching the knife tight in my hands not to commit the murder.

"Hello, Ms. Mayer." I greeted with a tight smile.

"Oh, Ms. Everly, I didn't notice you." She said with a fake smile on her botox face and then turned her attention to Evander again.

"Evander, How about you and I have lunch together." She asked smiling seductively running her long finger on his arm. "In my private condo."

"We already had our lunch and If you excuse us, we have a business to do." I said sharply and pulled Evander out of the restaurant by his arm.

"What was that? I was thinking about dinner with Sophie..." Evander said and I glared at him, making him shut.

"Off course, you can go with her where ever you want. But right now, we both have to visit the site and I don't want to waste my time, unlike you." I ranted and got into the car.