04

Heartbeat

"How do you hurt someone that easily?"
"By saying something that you know is bound to hurt. "

Namjoon and his soulmate stared at each other for a few seconds, wordlessly. Mishil's eyes widened slightly and Namjoon expected a shriek out of her as she obviously was an ARMY.

But instead, they stared at him for a whole second before they returned to what they were before. Tired but still shinning with a certain glow.

The soulmates were staring at each other, waiting for the next person to start speaking.

"Umm....hi!" She squeaked out, realizing that the 'spokesperson' of the biggest boy band on earth was at a loss of what to say in front of his soulmate. "Hey. You feel...Uhm...okay?" Namjoon said, completely blank on what to say or do. "I'm a bit tired but it's alright. What about...you?" His soulmate asked, equally confused and nervous. "I feel much better, thank you," Namjoon answered, awkwardness oozing out of his aura.

'Seriously! Who are you talking to? Your headmistress?' Namjoon's inner voice snapped. 'Shut up!' Namjoon snapped back, internally.

"That's...um...good to hear," Mishil answered, playing with her fingers. 'You talked to your math teacher better than that.' This time, it was Mishil's inner voice, that was nagging. 'Mind your own business!' She internally rolled her eyes.

Then it was an awkward silence. "These two are awkward." The loneliest ghost at the corner of the room sighed. Before the soulmates ended up suffocating from the awkwardness of the situation, Jin and Soo-Ah walked in, literally saving the day.

"You're finally up," Soo-Ah exclaimed, meeting her best friend's worn-out eyes. "Seems like it." Mishil smiled, softly, looking at her best friend's relieved face.

"Mishil, just for future events, I will murder you if you scare the shit out of me like that ever again!". Soo-Ah glared making Mishil let out a quiet giggle.

"I didn't mean to. You know that, don't you? I called you as fast as I could. And honestly! I was dealing with the feeling of having my insides being tossed around like a chef's salad, so I wasn't thinking straight. Yeah! Sorry about that." She smirked.

"I can't with you," Soo-Ah scoffed as she sat beside Mishil. "I scared you, didn't I? All of you?" Mishil gave Jin a soft smile which didn't go unnoticed by Namjoon.

"Well yeah! Even the doctor low-key freaked out at your state." Soo-Ah sighed, shaking her head. "They said if we were even 30 more minutes late, you could've slipped into the danger zone," Jin explained, the sight of a chalky pale girl from last night, danced across his vision; almost making him shudder.

"Thanks for saving me." Mishil thanked, looking at Soo-Ah. "Don't thank me. Thank Jin-ssi. He was the one who figured that you're Namjoon-ssi's soulmate." Soo-Ah nodded at Jin, making his turn red!

"That's the second time you've saved my life. I can't thank you enough." Mishil gave him a bright smile. "You don't have to. It was my duty towards you as an ARMY and then as my brother's soulmate. I hope you get well soon." Jin gave her his signature sight-blinding smile.

Namjoon watched the exchange between Hyung and his soulmate. They seemed to talk without any barriers or awkwardness, as though Jin and she had known each other for a long time. The way she smiled at Jin and how Jin returned that smile, he couldn't help but feel but a flash of an uncomfortable feeling swirl around his insides. He suddenly wished that Jin would leave them alone.