Chapter 14

'I' : Kurama talking
'Hope': Thoughts to Kurama
'You': Author speaking
"Enjoy!!": Naruko speech in the physical world
__________________________________________

Sneakily smirking as I remembered placing a teleporting talisman on Leorio's back for extra precaution.

I went to take a leak nearby while the others waited outside before with my heightened ears when I suddenly heard Leorio exclaim for us not to come in.

Luckily I was already done with my business so I immediately used the talisman and teleported right at his spot.

Gasping as I saw his body twitching on the floor with snake bites all over him, "Oh hell!" I exclaimed as I crouched down to examine his state.

Kurapika and Gon followed suit as Menchi and another guy wearing a turban sat down staring at us.

"They're vipers, the poison isn't that strong but he's been bitten way too many times." Gon exclaimed before he grabbed Leorio's arm and tried to suck out the poison.

Leorio afterwards passed out after cautioning Gon not to continue his act. Kurapika opened up Leorio's suitcase and began bandaging him up.

By the way, Kurama where are you? I asked, Taking a bath, why? He responded with a relaxed tone.

Uh nevermind just remember to come back. I replied, Hmm... Okay. Kurama murmured drowsily.

"Let's bring him to a doctor." Gon said as Kurapika nodded at his words, the both of them grabbed him by the arms and began dragging him towards the mouth of the cave.

"You can't leave you know..." Ponzu suddenly spoke out, "What do you mean..." Kurapika trailed off.

"Whenever someone tries to exit this cave, snakes attack them. If you get bitten, you'll become just like your friend and die." Ponzu explained as we backed away from the snakes.

"Ara~ Snakes~ Makes me want to kill them all." I giggled out loud with a crazed grin.

"What?" Gon asked confusedly.

"Oh did I say that out loud? Sorry it's just snakes remind me of a certain paedophile." I replied casually with a closed eyed smile.

Kurapika tried negotiating with the snake guy as I sighed, "You do know he's dead right?" I asked.

"D-dead?" "Yep, the foul stench of death has ceased to escape my nose." I responded cheekily, pointing towards my nose.

"Ara do you guys want to leave this cave together?" I asked them.

"But how?" Gon asked, "Come on, both of you grab my hand each." I said.

Closing my eyes, and sensing my surroundings. "I FORGOT TO PLACE DOWN MY TELEPORTATION KUNAI!" I groaned in annoyance.

"What?" They asked once more, "Sorry guys I forgot to place my kunai outside of the cave." I sighed.

"He's condition is worsening." Gon spoke under his breath worriedly.

"I've got an idea." I spoke out, going towards the guy's body.

"Wait, there are snakes that will attack you if you touch him." Ponzu tried warning me but it was already too late.

I've already come into contact with his clothes and began searching his shirt for any vaccine bottles and his badge.

Feeling the snakes cover every inch of my body as they bit me 'harshly', to me it felt like nothing since I was pretty much numb to the pain already.

"Here you go." I exclaimed, tossing to Kurapika the bottle and a syringe.

Stepping away from the body as the snakes wriggle off of me, "Ne? Ne? Can I burn the corpse now!?" I asked impatiently.

"We have no use for him anyways!" I exclaimed and before they said anything I used the fire breathing jutsu on the corpse. "W-wai-!" I heard Ponzu trying to top me but it was too late.

The corpse lit up in flames and due to the high temperature of the flames, his bones melted as well along with the snakes guarding him.

"I... I needed his badge..." Ponzu trailed off, "Here ya go. I have his badge." To which I responded, tossing to her the badge.

She looked at me thankfully as I nodded at her gesture, "Naruko come here." Kurapika ushered me to come over, "Huh? Why?" I asked.

"The venom, it's going to kill you as well so hurry." He exclaimed, "Nah it's fine, can't you see that I'm still standing, talking and am still perfectly fine?" I replied cheekily.

"B-but how?" He asked.

"Hm... Well one fateful day the villagers tried poisoning me with this super duper strong venom. It paralysed me severely and nearly killed me but I survived so any poison used on me afterwards was worthless, neutralised into my blood. Much less a weak venom like this could harm me." I scoffed recalling that 'fateful' day.

Honestly thanks to that I was immune to all the poison.

Hah! Dumb villagers didn't expect me to survive and become immune to all the poisons did they? I mocked my head.

"P-poisoned?" Kurapika asked shakily, "Uh yeah?" I replied, "I'm fine anyways... Oh look Leorio looks better." I exclaimed, pointing at him.

"We'll talk about that later Naruko, Ponzu. Do you have sleeping gas?" Gon asked, "What do you need it for?" She asked.

"I'll throw it down and carry you all out. My personal record of holding my breath is 9minutes." Gon explained, "What!? Are you crazy? Why should I trust that you won't just backstab me?" She exclaimed with distrust.

"Come on~ Gon would never do such a thing. He's the most trustworthy person ever, and besides. I'll help carry you out Ponzu." I replied.

"But you-." She was cut off by Kurapika which he stated plainly, "She used her own self to grab the antidote and even gave you the badge."

"I... Okay fine." Ponzu sighed defeat.

__________________________________________
I'll just publish this short chapter out... Hope you enjoyed this 'filler' story I guess...