9 | who are you

Jay~

Jay~

Once Elle and I walked into the café, I immediately spotted Ally and Jake. I wanted to turn back and leave, but Elle said it's her favourite café.

We chose a seat near the windows, a little bit further from them. I wanted to focus on my own date, but I couldn't help and sneak glances at them.

"She's your friend, right? I always see you two together in the hallways... or girlfriend?" Elle realized where my eyes were going, and I definitely felt called out.

"She's just my best friend! We've known each other since we were seven, and she's like a sister to me..." I explained to her to get away any misconceptions. "That's the first guy she's ever been on dates with, so I can't help but feel cautious."

"No, it makes sense. Don't feel bad about it! I think it's quite amazing that you've kept a strong friendship up for so long. It's probably hard too, since you're used to only seeing yourself with her- then suddenly another guy comes in the picture. It's okay to be confused with what you feel." Elle tells me, and it felt nice to get some reassurance. It sounded like she thinks I like Ally though...

"I don't have any feelings for her." I defensively told her, but my confidence level quickly went down after that.

"Do you have feelings for me then?" Her eyelashes fluttered and I just fell in a deep hole of adoration. "Just kidding-"

"I do. I know we've only met recently, but I like you..." I started into her beautiful round eyes. "I honestly do."

"What do you even like about me?" She asked the question I was least hoping she'd bring up. "I'm visually appealing? I'm an easy person because I'm a model? If that's the case, then get in line."

"I'd like to get to know you. Not Elle Jung the famous model, but Elle the pretty campus girl I fell for from the first time I bumped into her. I want to get to know who you really are."

"I want to get to know you too."

___________________________

Ally~

"How did your date go?" I asked Jay as we came out of the convenience store, on our way to the park. I handed him the ice cream he chose, and we walked slowly while devouring the treats.

"It went well. We already set up our next date, and she surprisingly seems interested in me. She also knows who you are." He informed me.

"How? She's like crazy popular... how would she know someone like me?" I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

"She apparently always sees us together in the hallways. She even thought you were my girlfriend, but I honestly told her everything..." Jay explained to me. "How about you? How was your date?"

"I'm seriously gonna ask him out next time. I'm really into that guy." I giggled just thinking of him. Other than what Jake said, he also made me feel so special throughout the whole night. We almost kissed, but it was interrupted. I'll for sure get my first kiss next time!

"You fall in love too quickly." Jay shook his head and I aggressively hit his arm. Deserved.

"Says you! How many girlfriends have you had?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I haven't fallen in love with anyone though, maybe Elle... other than that, I only dated to play around with them. That's probably why none of my relationships lasted more than a month. I like Elle because I actually want to get to know her." His tone sounded pretty serious, and I could sense that his words are genuine.

"I hope the best for you two then, if that's the case." I patted his back.

"From what you've told me, Jake seems like a really nice guy. I also wish the best for you two." He handed me his other ice cream and I thanked him.

"I didn't think it was possible to have this kind of feeling. He made me so happy yesterday, I even forgot about everything in my mind the whole afternoon. It felt like the whole world was just me and him."

"You've been hit really hard. This boy needs to take responsibility of your feelings." Jay chuckled and I agreed.

"I want to be with him so badly."

___________________________

⭐️

Song: kenessi — sunrise

(LYRICS: it used to be blurry, but now clear that he's looking for her. He doesn't want her to let go of him)