Chapter 15

[Reminder : (Text in parenthesis, this is just me and my wackiness, it's not technically in the story)]

"Close your eyes, I got something for you." Maylin smiled enthusiastic and Cyrus looked at her with sleepy eyes.

The nightmares hadn't gotten to him however his psychopath roommate did.

He didn't get to sleep much after last night when Cyrus felt large hands on his hair, it shocked him so much to see Al doing that. Touching him in his sleep, who the heck does that while someone is sleeping? Al had left such a horrible impression towards him, because Cyrus thought he was going to yank his locks and drag him to the floor where Cyrus would receive beatings from the guy.

He did report him to the principal.

Getting pay back is to be on Al's mind, it was expected. Maylin and the rest of the student body's reaction, told Cyrus that his roommate has this infamous reputation of being a cruel bully who picks on the weak. Though after Al booked it to the door Cyrus observed himself, he didn't feel stings of pain if Al had intentions of pulling at his hair which confused him even further. And the most bazaar part of last night?

It was as though Al was...petting him.

Again, while he was unconscious.

He was behaving too creepy.

Cyrus gained awareness of something on his head then, though he wasn't sure what it was because of how gentle and careful it was. When Cyrus heard this intense breathing, he sprung awake and pried Al's huge hand off his hair.

It was then that Cyrus decided blunt words needed to be used to get through to Al, which is really tiresome for Cyrus. Like the blonde boy can't understand the situation or his obvious signals, Cyrus just wanted to be left by himself.

He was nothing but trouble.

No good would ever come to him if he let people into his world, Maylin was alright. Though Cyrus knew, it's only a matter of time before he has to push her away as well. But for now it will have to wait, it's just day two since he got here.

Doing as told, Cyrus closed his eyelids and his keen hearing kicks in. Noises of a paper bag being placed on their table, and Maylin's girly giggling trails in his imagination as Cyrus heard her cheer.

"You can look now!"

His dark thick lashes flaps open and Cyrus sees this wrapped bag in front of him and there's a little greeting card at the side, Cyrus took the card reading it.

For Cyrus.

Welcome to Northwood.

(From Your Daddy XD)

Maylin had both her palms prompt to support her rounded face that grinned, like a mischievous happy toddler who was watching their favorite TV cartoon. 

"Oh don't be shy, it's yours. A humble welcoming gift for our new scholarship student." He timidly nodded and was delicately unwrapping the bag, it was the first time Cyrus received anything from the school he has enrolled into.

Usually, no one welcomed him to their school because of the bad rumours that surrounded Cyrus. His violence strick has reached most schools in the city, that surely his name made it to some black list of troublemakers the school's principal had to watch out---avoid accepting into their own institution.

Reaching inside his fingers took out three items. First; a small white board with a box full of markers. Second; a new sketchbook and charcoal pencils. Third; a phone with WiFi connection.