Chapter 20

"What the hell is going on?"

Sophie turned so fast she nearly got whiplash.

"Keefe" she breathed and ran over to him. "I promise this isn't what it looks like?"

Sophie could see the sadness and betrayal in his eyes. There was also a flicker of anger, an emotion she rarely saw him direct at her.

Fitz was still smirking over in the corner and Sophie ignored him, utterly disgusted.

"What happened, Sophie?" Keefe said extremely quietly. 

She grabbed his hand and he started to pull away before he realised it was so that he could check if she was lying.

"About a ten minutes ago i heard a knock at the door and got up and answered it. It was Fitz, so i invited him in and we sat and then........then he started saying all these awful things about you and us and about how he wanted me back. I stopped him obviously and was about to ask him to leave when he kissed me" 

She was nearly in tears now.

"Please don't hate me, I promise it wasn't my fault. I love you and only you"

It was silent for a second while Keefe processed this.  He took Sophie into a silent hug and turned to Fitz.

"That's a lie" he said. "She was practically begging me to kiss her" 

Keefe looked at him. The man who was once a good person, the man who used to be his best friend. 

"You have five seconds to get out of our house or I'll remove you with force and make it a lot more painful" he threatened. "And if you ever bother Sophie again you will regret it"

Fitz was about to protest before seeing the unbridled rage in Keefe's eyes.

"Five"

"Four"

Fitz quickly ran out the door before Keefe could say three.

When he was gone Keefe turned to a teary Sophie and wrapped her up in his arms again. Kissing her on the forehead he leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"I will never let him hurt you, Sophie" he whispered. "And, as long as you return the favor i will never hate you"

She stared into his eyes, the tears gone. 

"I will never hate you, I promise"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Early update. Yay. Only one chapter and an epilogue to go. Woohooooo. Thanks so muchhhhh for over 100 votes. You guys are the best!

If you guys have any requests for a sequel, another story, maybe some Sokeefe one-shots? Then please DM me or comment.

Also (lol more shameless self promo) please go and follow my account so you know when I'm gonna update and if i'm releasing new stuff.

Thanks you guys so much for all the support!

Mollie

P.S next update should be in a week or so.