Chapter Twenty Seven

Laying low was Catherine's best bet even though she didn't want too. She wanted to help, but Steve was right. If Hydra really was taking over SHIELD there was a good chance that they would come after her potentially. What they would do with her she didn't know. She didn't want to find out either. It was still bothersome to sit back and do nothing. Tony's nonstop questions didn't help either. Then, her phone rang. It was unknown number and she was hesitant to answer.

"H-Hello?" Catherine asked quietly.

"Cat, it's me." Steve said with a strained voice.

"Steve? You okay? You don't sound good." She asked.

"Umm, we'll talk about that later, but I need your help. You ever been to Fort Meade?" Steve asked.

"No..." Catherine trailed off.

"It's in Maryland. You're looking for something called an EXO-7 Falcon suit."

The name sounded familiar. "EXO-7? I've heard of it before. It was used by the Air Force I think for a mission in Bakhmala. I think they wanted Rhodey on that mission, but he was unavailable. I heard it went bad though."

"Yeah. That's the suit we need. It's behind three armed gates though. You think you can handle that?" Steve asked.

"Three armed gates? Definitely."

"Good. I'll send you the coordinates on where to meet us. Thank you Cat."

"Of course." She said before hanging up. She stood up and began to gather her things almost forgetting Tony was sitting right there. "Don't ask questions. Please. I don't want to lie to you."

Tony held up his hands in defense. "I'm not. I will ask if there's anything I can do to help."

Catherine thought for a minute. "I need your fastest car and I need JARVIS to hack into something for me."

"Say no more." Tony said. "Just give me a minute."

She checked her waistband over for her gun and other small weapons that she would potentially need. She slipped on a pair bracelets with blasters inside of them that Tony had given her a year ago on her wrist knowing she would probably need them. When Tony came back into the living room, he threw a set of car keys at her.

"This," Tony said holding up a flash drive. "Is JARVIS. Just put it into any computer and he'll do anything you want."

"Thank you Tony. Really. You have no idea how much this means." She said and wrapped her arms around him.

Tony wouldn't admit it out loud, but he was slightly worried about her. She wasn't acting like her normal, ex-assassin self. She was being quiet. Too quiet. "Be careful. Okay?"

"I will. I promise. Just, don't watch the news."

****

Fort Meade

Catherine really didn't think her plan through as she drove up to the entrance of Fort Meade. They were going to ask her why she was here and she didn't have a reason. She was already going to have to break into a highly secure building. She didn't want to tip them off before she even got inside. She stopped the car at the gate and rolled her window down.

"Good Afternoon." She said shooting him a dazzling smile. She was going to have to bullshit her way through this.

"Can I see your ID ma'am?" The guard asked.

"Of course." She handed him her SHIELD ID.

"Agent Stark. Your name isn't on the approved list. I need to know why you're here." He told her.