The Office

You watched as Derek and Reid were the last to leave, waiting until the elevator doors closed until you grabbed the few files you still had yet to finish, and the fresh cup of coffee you had made minutes prior. You didn't really have anyone or anything to go home to, so you had started finishing your files late into the night with Hotch in his office. He didn't mind the company actually, sometimes you'd find he'd already set up spots for the both of you on the couch to work together. That's what you were greeted with tonight. 

You stepped out of your shoes as you walked into the office, leaving them by the door & setting your coffee down on the table as you tugged a leg beneath you. "How many we got tonight, Hotchner?" You asked, setting down all but one of your files. 

"Well, your four, plus my five, nine in total. Tonight should be pretty easy compared to other nights we've had." You hummed in response, the both of you setting yourselves to work in peaceful silence. 

The night wore on as the two of you worked on your files, but eventually your coffee ran dry, and two pairs of eyes started drooping. Hotch set down his file, leaning back for a moment to rub at his eyes while you did your best to stifle a yawn. 

"So much for this not taking that long, huh?" You smirked at his comment, deciding to put down your own file. Groaning as you finally brought your leg out from beneath you. Leaning back beside him, you closed your eyes, telling yourself it would only be a minute or two, or at least until you could tell the difference between a lower case C and E. 

That's not how it went though, and you were secretly happy it hadn't. Hotch had been doing the same thing, and somehow, you both ended up in a laying position, nestled against one another the entire night.

---

Rossi made his way into the BAU the morning after, nodding his head at Reid as he passed, making his way up the few steps before opening Hotch's door, expecting him to be sitting at his desk like always. Instead, he found him lying on the couch with his arm wrapped around you protectively, you curled into his side.