Chapter 41

Sana has been thinking all night about what Jaanvi had told her earlier that evening. Feelings and relationships have been a difficult topic for her. Since childhood, all she had seen was give and take relationships. After the death of her parents, she had been working in movies. The money left behind by her parents and those she had earned in movies were enough to get her all the required pampering from her so-called family. All the best clothes, all the newest toys, all her favourite food, everything had been handed to her whenever she had asked for. This increased as she grew up. Now that she was even a bigger star in the film industry earning millions, her mollycoddling increased too. Then came Asim Khan into her life, her first ever boyfriend. He was only with her as they were a hit pair on screen and because it drew all the right attention. He got required media attention and good movies in turn for indulging with her. Material happiness was the only thing she knew of till date. However after her marriage to Sidharth, her view on life changed drastically. Sidharth has never given her any expensive gifts, or taken her out to dinners at five stars or they had been for a ride in expensive cars. All he has given is his small room to live in, ride on his bike and dinner from roadside stalls. But the happiness of every experience had been ten times more than she had ever felt. Materialism no longer exists for her. But it has been replaced by small gestures and care.

Sana gets up late as she couldn't sleep until early hours of the morning. Coming out, she finds everyone sitting on the table. Sumitraji says," Bacha uth gayi. Come join us. I just made tea. I will get it for you." Sana smiles and sits beside Jaanvi, in front of Sid. Both eyes meet and they do their talking.
Sid- Good morning! What happened? You don't look good.
Sana-I couldn't sleep last night AGAIN. Thanks to you and your favourite Jaan.
Sid- Why? Meri aadat..I remember..a few days more..please.
Sana- No way. Meri aankein dekhi? Don't say beautiful again. Dark circles aa chuki hai.
Sid- Please Jaanvi will be gone soon, can't you adjust for a few days.
Sana- I can't stay a few more days like this. Bas nahi rah sakti kya karun mar jau?
Sid- Pagal ladki. Stop saying this dialogue of yours.. okay..I don't LIKE IT..
Jaanvi hits Sid's hand to end this ankhon hi ankhon mein ishara ho gaya type of talk between the two. She says,"Are you alright? I have been asking you something. Where were you lost? Sana ki ankhon mein?" Sid tries to look serious and says,"What yaar? Kuch bhi? I was thinking about something." Jaanvi starts to laugh and says,"Are you blushing? Woah! Really I have made myself villain here by coming between you two lovebirds. Now you both have to talk through eyes."Sumitraji who was in the kitchen to get tea for Sana returns and asks," Kya hua?" Sid says," Nothing maa, you know Jaan, she is joking. Kya bol rahi thi bol jaldi." Jaanvi smiles and says,"You.." Just then Sid's phone starts to ring. He excuses himself to go into the room to talk.

After a few minutes, he returns and coming near his mother, he hugs her. Sumitraji asks,"What happened Sid?" Sid sitting beside her, holds her hands and says,"I was worried for afew days about my job. This was really not good enough and there was no job security here. I had given the interview two days back." Sana interrupts,"Yes,I remember. I had ruined your shirt so you had to change it." Everyone looks at her face and Sana lowers her head, hiding her smile. Sid continues,"I got the job Maa. It is the same post I used to have but a better salary. Restaurant Manager at the five star hotel The Orb." Sumitraji kisses his forehead and Sana grins. Shini and Jaanvi cheers asking for a party. It was finally decided that there will be a small celebration that night. He leaves immediately as he has to go to the Hotel to collect his appointment letter before going to his office. Sana could not say anything as she was not ready to go with him.

In the evening Sid makes a call to Sana to return home on her own as he has some work before getting food for the celebration that night. Sana does not argue as she doesn't want to spoil the mood for the night. Reaching home, she starts helping Sumitraji in the kitchen making different snacks. Jaanvi and Shini get busy setting up music in hall for the evening. Sid arrives with a few packets and joins his family in the living room. He brings out a few things out of a packet and says,"I know this is actually nothing big but I felt like giving you all a little something." He first gives one small packet to his mother then Shini and Jaanvi one parcel each. Sana is waiting for her gift, as opening the wrapper has been the most interesting thing for her since childhood. But Sid doesn't give her anything. His mother finds a small bell for her puja place in the packet. Jaanvi gets a novel by her favourite author. Shini gets a new book she wanted for her studies. Jaanvi and Shini hug Sid and Jaanvi says," I can't believe you still remember about my favourite author. You are a darling." Sana is now in the hot head zone thinking,'Haye kitna bada papi hai! He can remember the favourite author of his Jaan but forgot totally about me. He is not even looking at me. I hate him.' Jaanvi asks," Arey, where is Sana's gift?" Sid smiles and says," Oh Shit! I totally forgot about her. Sorry Sana. Don't get angry and please don't get hurt okay." Sana looking at him says,"Tumhe kuch farak padta hai, if I get hurt?" She goes away into the room and Sid gets up and follows her inside.