Chapter 8

Cameron's Pov

I woke up this morning earlier than I've ever been awake in my life, still happy even though it was two nights ago, I'm just excited to see her in school. I sound like such a dork. I literally pounce on Jade to wake her up.
"Ughh, What is your problem can't a girl get some sleep around here?" She whined.
"Nope because we got to get to school" I said with excitement.
"Can you be any less annoying?" She covered her head with a pillow.
"No not really" I chuckled as I jumped up and down on her bed screaming 'Get up'.
"FINE, FINE" She yelled as she got up.

I then ran to Adam's room but he was already half way done dressing, he winked at me while closing his door, and I thought I was the early bird. Soon after Parker came out of his room already dressed. Wow, well I guess I better get ready too.

Parker dropped us off and we went to class. During first period the teacher announced that we will be having a new student, she didn't say where from, maybe they didn't know.

"Class this is our new student Coley Taylor" She said.

No fucking way, did she just sa-, No I refuse to believe this shihh, Maybe it's someone different that is a common name so, I slowly raised my head and my fears became reality, Really? That's just my fucking luck the person wh-, it's not even worth thinking about, I've put that all behind me including her, It doesn't matter now.

She saw me while she was walking to a vacant seat, she almost fell and I could tell that she was surprised to see me,
I'm just going to steer clear of her while I'm here.

The bell rung stating it was the end of that period and I didn't hesitate to get out of there, I was the first through the door

The bell rung stating it was the end of that period and I didn't hesitate to get out of there, I was the first through the door. I really didn't want to see her much less speak to her.

Lunch came around and I couldn't wait to vent to Jane and Adam. I got to the table and with the look on my face they already knew something was up.

"You are not going to believe this" I started.

"Believe what?" Jane asked

"Coley is here, like fucking here" I sat down.

"You mean like in the city or-" She started.

"No like in this fucking school, in the same fucking class" I cut her off.

"Umm who are we talking about?" Adam asked confused.

"Haven't you been listening? She's the girl that snitched on Cameron and made her got sent to God's Promise" She said before I could even reply.

"Ohhh that Coley" He said.

"Anyway she's here" I said.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Jane asked.

"Absolutely nothing, I'm going to avoid her like my life depends on it" I said as I started to eat.

For the next two classes I sat as far away as possible from her, but I could still feel her piercing eyes burning through the side of my face, I just ignored it and pleaded that the day would finish fast enough.

Finally the last bell rung and I packed up, and as I started to walk towards the doorway I heard "Cameron, wait can I talk to you?" I didn't have to turn around to know who it was I'd know that voice anywhere. I just kept walking without looking back.

I said I wasn't going to talk to her and I meant it. I waited for Jane and Adam to meet me at Parker's car, they probably were taking their precious time to pack up I thought.

"CAMERON" She Shouted as she was walking towards me.
Oh no, not here and certainly not now I face palmed even though she had quite a long way to go to get to me. Then I saw her dad and I crumbled so he didn't notice me.

"Coley, get in the car, I have business to do" He said sternly.
She turned around with her head down and she got in the car. I'm actually glad that happened because I was definitely not ready to talk to her.

When we got home I just went straight to bed. Jane came in because it's kind of hers too. I could feel she wanted to help but I don't think there's a way to change my past. She just patted me on the back, she could tell I didn't want to talk nor think about it, sleep was my only escape and that I did.

When I woke up I felt like I was still dreaming and my head was spinning but it was only nine o'clock and I was hungry as hell. I got up to the sweet smell of pizza, I went to the living and I saw Jane, Adam and Parker.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Well we're having a movie night" Adam answered.

"On a Monday night?" I chuckled.

"Yes on a Monday night, we thought it would cheer you up" Jane gestured for me to sit.

"Well, I am hungry, and you guys do have pizza" I said

"Not just any pizza, it's your fave, Hawaiian Pizza" She followed up with.

"Okay, maybe I'll grace you guys with my presence" I jumped onto the couch chuckling.

Most of the movies we watched were animations and I loved that, it made me feel like a little kid again, no drama, no responsibilities, no ex-girlfriend that got you sent to conversion therapy. Just the three 'Fs' Fun, Food and Freedom. Hakuna Matata.