𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 || 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥, 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

✯♛✯

𝐓𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 Francine was surprised would be an understatement, she was bewildered. It turns out that JJ might have actually taken up Pope's and Kiara's idea to be chill with Francine for the night. She thought that, at least. There was still a little voice in her mind telling her that it was fake and he was pretending the whole time. But even if he was faking it, she didn't mind, he wasn't being a dickhead, so it was a win for her. There was also that overenthusiastic voice in her mind telling her that he actually came to a realization that he was acting childish, but that was not realistic. JJ isn't the person to forgive that easily and come to his senses quickly. Then again, he might surprise her, but she still didn't think too hopefully.

He was talking to Francine and even did some friendly actions, something she never thought she'd get out of JJ, at all. She was sure that her eyeballs almost fell out of her head for how wide they went when JJ asked her if she wanted some of his popcorn. She was so shocked that for a solid few seconds she just sat there, staring at him, her mouth hanging open. She snapped out of it quickly and nodded.

It was like the boy had split personalities, and it really bothered Francine, JJ went from refusing to be anywhere close to her to asking her if she wanted some of his food, nicely. After that happened, she assumed that there was something going on with him. Pope must be paying him to do that, but no matter what negative thoughts ran through her mind, she ignored them, placing the little bit of hope she had left in her body on the fact that JJ might actually be genuine with everything he's doing without having any ulterior motives.

They were around an hour into the movie and Francine was already asleep. She wasn't that tired, but the movie was really shitty, so no one could blame her for falling asleep. She told Kiara that she refused to watch it and then a few minutes afterwards, she was almost snoring. The girl had forgotten to bring her phone to the movies, there was no reason to bring it anyways, the movie was supposed to be good and the cell towers were down anyways. Sure, she had her games, but she didn't think she would need to play them. So, without her piece of technology, the only way to make the movie pass fast was to sleep, and that's exactly what she did.

Within forty minutes of the movie playing, she had fallen asleep and at forty-five minutes her head had rolled slightly to the left and onto JJ's shoulder. She definitely wouldn't do that consciously, so at that point, her friends knew that the girl was one hundred percent asleep.

At first, JJ wanted to push her off his shoulder and wake her up, oh he really wanted to. But, then, he thought back to what Pope and Kiara had said and he wanted to at least try to be nice to the girl for the night. Maybe he'd get that same feeling he had when they were younger because, to be honest, some of his best memories were made with the girl who was asleep on his shoulder. Yet, his worst memory was caused by her.

The blonde barely moved, too scared that he might wake Francine up. Whenever he'd reach for his beer, he'd do it softly and slowly so he wouldn't move too much and wake her. These actions did not go unnoticed by the other two teens who would exchange grins and suggestive looks whenever the boy would check if the girl was still sleeping as he drank his beverage.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that Pope had the sudden urge to pee, he didn't want to bother the boy like he really didn't want to. That meant that he would disrupt whatever was happening while Francine was asleep on his shoulder. He tried to hold it as long as possible, but it was one of those times where 'when you gotta go, you gotta go' comes into place. Pope tapped the boy on the shoulder. "JJ," He whispered in a hushed tone, trying not to wake up the girl or attract the attention of Kiara.

"What?" JJ hissed, turning his head towards his friend with raised brows, an annoyed expression taking over his face.

"I gotta take a piss," Pope mumbled.