Chapter 43

Chapter 43

The Things We’d Do For Love 

Have you ever experienced remaining silent despite all the plenty things that you wanted to say but couldn’t because you don’t know how to? That’s what I’m experiencing right now. I’m in a dilemma between comforting Ciel and remaining silent because I want to respect the space that he saved especially for his pain. 

Gusto kong sabihin sa kanya na dapat hindi na lang niya ginawa kay Megi iyon but he doesn’t need to hear those words from me because he already knew it and he’s regretted it the moment it happened and up until now. 

I understand that Megi was just driven by her emotions, causing her to spill words that she doesn’t really want to spill. Malapit si Nika sa puso niya, she knew her pain just like how Ciel knew mine. Nika was Megi’s companion, Ciel was mine. 

And I hate how I just caused a dilemma between these two amazing people who are always down to be there for people who have struggling hearts. 

Ciel loves Megi with all his heart and I know that Megi does too. Pero ngayon ay hindi sila nag-uusap nang dahil sa’kin. 

Masakit para sa akin… But I don’t want to keep my focus on my own pain dahil kung may mas nasasaktan dito, si Ciel iyon at si Megi. 

“Do you want to go somewhere after this?” I asked him. We’ve been here in this Spanish fancy restaurant for almost two hours to have a small dinner celebration for his birthday but if you would look at our plates, our food was barely touched. Tila ba kakarating lang ng pagkain namin but it was actually served an hour ago. 

He stopped from digging his spoon on the paella in front of him. He lifted his face up to look at me, flashing that casual smile that I know he just tried to put on. 

“If you want to,” he replied. 

“It’s your birthday. You’re the one whose supposed to decide.” I said, trying to make it sound enthusiastic but I guess I failed. 

“I can’t think of any place right now. Baka ikaw may gusto kang puntahan pa,” he said. 

It’s killing me how casual we are tonight. It’s his birthday and I want nothing but for him to be happy on his special day. Pero kahit siguro mag tumbling pa ako sa harapan niya at hindi siya matutuwa dahil si Megi naman ang dahilan kung bakit nalulungkot siya. 

Hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin sila nag-uusap. He didn’t even get a birthday greeting from Megi. 

Kahit hindi niya sabihin sa’kin. No matter how hard he tries to be discreet and act all okay in front of me I can still see in his eyes that he’s upset, sad, and hurt.

I pushed a subtle sigh, reaching for his fist on the table. “I think we should just go home. You still have to be at the airport by nine, right?” I said, gently stroking the back of his palm that’s currently balled up into a fist. 

He smiled, spreading his fingers apart to catch and hold my hand that was holding him. 

“Okay...” He whispered before bringing my hand into his mouth, giving it a gentle peck. 

I just eyed him delicately… because that’s the only kind of stare that suits him. Delicate and soft. 

“Happy birthday, baby.” I whispered without taking my eyes off him.  I know, this may not be the happiest birthday of his life because he never got even just a single message from Megi but I don’t want to neglect this opportunity to make him feel wanted and appreciated, just like he always does everytime I’m at my most down times.