𝟏𝟗 - 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩

Anakin's POV

"She took her!" I panicked over the commlink.

"Anakin, calm down. What's going on? taken who?" the stern voice of Obi-Wan came back.

"(y/n), it all happened in such a blur, but- but she's gone, Athena took her"

The commlink was filled with only silence for a moment, then the voice of Mace Windu sounded "Anakin, we are on our way back from Dagobah, you need to stay calm. Meet us back on Coruscant and we will discuss further arrangements" then it shut off.

how could I have let this happen?

my heart was beating rapidly and the anger at not just Athena, but also at myself was building.

If she hurt (y/n), hurt my child, then there would be hell to pay.

I walked out the ship alone this time onto the familiar Coruscant landing area. I was met by Mace and Obi-wan

"Anakin, glad that you're safe" Obi-wan nodded at me.

"thanks but there's no time for pleasantries, we need to find (y/n)"

"to the briefing room, I have something you'll want to see" Mace interjected as we hurriedly followed him.

When we arrived, there were other Jedi and clones already there. The word of (y/n)'s capture had obviously gotten around. I felt ashamed walking in, this was my fault, I could have saved her.

Mace fiddled with a few buttons on the briefing table then, from that same table appeared a large hologram map of the galaxy. It calculated a destination and zoomed in slowly to reveal a planet and on that planet a small white dot flashed.

Mace pointed to the dot and began to speak "when I gave (y/n) her lightsabers, I put a small tracking device in the hilts just in case she were to...run back to the sith. Luckily, it's come in handy now"

A few looks were exchanged between the other Jedi before Mace continued "the tracker is coming from the molten planet of Mustafar. We must assemble a team to rescue (y/n), we don't know much about this Athena or what she is capable of so we must take action immediantly"

"well actually-" I stepped up from one of the breifing room benches "we know a little more now"

I was shot a few confused looks from several others in the room before I elaborated "Athena and (y/n) are...sisters"

Saying it out loud felt weird. In any normal situation I would be angry and hurt that she hadn't told me about having a sister, but right now I couldn't care less about her family tree. I just wanted her safe.

"most unexpected...this is" yoda emerged from the small gathering,

"strange that (y/n) wouldn't tell us about a sister" Mace pondered

"she thought she was dead" I explained

"and why would her own sister kidnap her" someone else spoke up,

my brows furrowed in frustration "with all due respect, you can ask her yourself when we actually get to saving her"

Mace sighed then started to construct the rescue mission plan.

After a few minutes of discussion, it was decided that Obi-Wan and I along with a few troopers would take a ship to Mustafar, whilst master Windu would keep track of (y/n)'s location and update us every few minutes.

Hastily getting the ship ready, as I sat down into the pilots seat my eyes crossed past medical equipment that had been loaded onto the ship. I was so focused on getting her back that I didn't even considered what might have happened to her already, she could be dying, dead.

NO, NO she's alive, I can feel it. She has to be.

Returning my attention to flying, Obi-Wan came over and sat in the co-pilots seat. I could feel him looking at me but I chose to ignore it. I didn't need a lecture of how could I be so careless, besides I was already beating myself up more than anyone else could.

but instead his tone was concerned and empathetic "we'll get her back. don't worry"

I tried to compose a smile and responded "yes, well...it would be terrible to lose another Jedi, with the war we really can't afford-"

"Anakin" he gave me the look, we both knew I wasn't good at hiding things "you're secrets safe with me"

I nodded appreciatively and returned my gaze to the ship controls, I wasn't sure how (y/n) would feel about him knowing but to be honest I was relieved that I didn't have to hide it around him anymore, there was so much I wanted to tell him about her.

The map to (y/n) came up on the small screen as we flew through hyperspace and neared our destination.

"coming out of hypespace now, get ready squad" I called over to the clones in the back of the ship

"ready sir"one of the several identical voices called back.

the tunnel of blue faded as we came into Mustafar, now orange and red was the only colour visible. Lava spewed from mountains and trickled down into the molten river below.

suddenly a memory that alreayd felt like a lifetime ago flowed into my head like the lava rushing down the river.

"I wont let anything happen to you...I promise" I had assured (y/n) she would be safe and now look what's happened. Taking hold of the yoke I rapidly flew the ship over to the trackers destination.

Obi-wan grabbed onto the side of his chairs to keep himself from flying straight into the window and a clatter of things falling over came from behind also

"Anakin! you know I hate it when you do that"

"sorry, i have a promise to keep"