LI: How People are Shaped

Athyeia's PoV

As soon as I received his letter, mabilis akong nagpabalik patungo sa manor.

If I remembered correctly this was one of the happiest day of my life.

Ang araw na kaniya akong tinanggap muli.

At first, the coachman were confused when I asked him to turn around, so I told him it was urgent.

During the trip back, I wasn't able to think of anything else but Levi.

All I did was call his name in my mind.

"Athyeia." Nakangiti niyang sambit saakin nang makita niya ako. I hurriedly pulled my dress over him and hugged him—na agad din niyang ibinalik saakin. "Or must I say, Alaina?"

Hearing my name from his rose colored lips sent me spasms of thrill and happiness.

"You believe me." Maalwan kong sambit at agad na lumayo dito.

He smiled. "You think I wouldn't?" Mahina ko siyang sinuntok sa braso.

"You can't blame me." Napahinga ako. "You might think that I must have been crazy."

"You are crazy in the first place Alaina." He stated. Sinamaan ko naman ito ng tingin. "That is one of your redeeming qualities. Don't glare." Mariin niyang suway saakin.

Napangiti naman ako sa kaniyang sinabi. "So I've got alot of redeeming qualities ei?" Now it's Levi's turn to frown. I chuckled. "So..." Lumayo ako sa kaniya when I realized that I was too close. "What now?" I questioned.

"I already banished your cousin out of this place, so you don't have to worry about her." Hindi naman sa masaya ako sa kaniyang ginawa ngunit pakiramdam ko ay sapat na iyon para saaking pinsan.

"That's not what I mean." Makatotohanan kong sabi. "I came here thinking that you would kill me." Saad ko. Lumamlam naman ang tingin saakin ni Levi.

"You really think I can do that huh?" Napapahalinghing niyang sabi.

"At first." I admitted. "But you proved me wrong." Sabi ko at umupo sa isang bench. I ran a great distance and I am pretty tired.

"What happened after I stabbed her?" Now it was his turn to ask. Umupo ito saaking tabi.

Napakibit balikat naman ako.

Even I don't know what happened to Athyeia. Sinabi ko kay Levi ang lahat—that I was taken aback by his love for Athyeia kaya naman itinigil kong basahin iyong libro.

"I can't believe I'd do that to her." Sabi nito. Napalingon naman ako.

"So do you think you love her?" Tanong ko. It might just be a book but that book were the real feelings of the real Athyeia. Siya ang nagsasalita doon.

And I'm afraid to hear it but still, gusto kong malaman.

Looking at my peripheral view, I gazed at Levi. Malayo ang kaniyang tingin, he was making small gulps.

With a clenched fist, I touched my chest.

It feels heavy and my eyes felt so tiresome.

Ramdam ko ang bilis nanaman ng tibok ng aking puso and I just want to cry because of the overwhelming feelings that I do not want to show.

What will he say?

Levi looked at me. Hinuli niya ang aking mga mata bago marahang ibinuka ang kaniyang bibig.

"What do you think?" He asked.