Chapter 12 - Gohan's outburst

Goku and Alpha have been in the hospital for 2 days now. Goku has woken up, but Alpha still hasn't regained consciousness. Goku ate a senzu been, which healed him, but Alpha couldn't because his jaw is broken.

Everyone else is in despair. They just wished back Goku and Alpha, and now all their other friends are dead too. Chiaotzu can't be wished back a second time and Tien probably would refuse to be wished back otherwise. No one knows what to do. But, when all hope is lost, Mr Popo shows up with a solution.

—————

"Namek? What's that?" Krillin asks. Mr Popo has shown up at the hospital and is telling everyone about the namekian dragon balls.

"It's where Piccolo was from. The race there, called namekians, were the ones who created the dragon balls and the ones there are much more powerful. They will be able to resurrect your friend.

"But how will we get there? We don't have a ship," Bulma asks.

"Don't worry. I've been keeping the ship that Kami's master landed here in. You can use that, since it's already proven it can make the journey," Mr Popo answers.

"Alright then." Bulma looks around the room. "Krillin, you're coming with me. Goku, you're coming with me. I think that's about done. Let's go!"

Gohan steps forward. "Actually, I was wondering if I could go too." But Chichi puts a hand in his shoulder.

"Absolutely not! I'm not letting you go to space! You need to study!" she says.

"But Mum, it'll be a learning experience! It won't be dangerous and I'll be the first boy to ever go to space!" Gohan says.

But Chichi doesn't budge. "No! I don't care about you being 'the first boy in space'! What does that matter if you fall behind on your education? There is absolutely no way that you are going to spa-"

"MUM! EVERYONE HAS DIED BECAUSE THEY WERE TRYING TO PROTECT US! If you refuse to let me go bring them back, then maybe we didn't deserve to be saved! My entire life has been dedicated to studying! I just need a break! I won't fall behind, because I'll take some books with me in the ship! I have to go!"

The room is silent for a moment and Chichi is shocked by what Gohan has done, but then considers it. She finally sighs. "Well, I suppose if you keep studying in the ship. Goku, make sure that nothing happens to Gohan, you hear me?"

Goku smiles. "Don't worry ChiChi, there won't be anything dangerous on Namek. I'll make sure nothing happens to Gohan," he says.

So, Bulma, Gohan, Krillin and Goku leave on the ship to go to Namek and Alpha is still unconscious. Everyone left behind is waiting for him to wake up so he can follow them in the ship Dr Briefs has built.

—————

My eyes slowly open and the light is almost blinding after having my eyes closed for so long. I can't remember anything while I was unconscious, but I know I've been out for a long time. What happened? Is everyone ok? Where am I? I adjust to the light and see I'm in a building. Just from the ceiling, I can tell that it's bigger than any building I've ever been in. I sit up and look around.

I'm in a white bed with sheets. The bottom half of my face is bandaged and is really sore. My knuckles are bandaged and so is my middle. A woman walks up to me with a clipboard.

"Ah your awake. Your friends told me your name was Alpha?" I nod. "Good. I have no idea what you've been doing, but you look like you've been in a nasty street fight. Maybe got ganged up on? Your jaw is broken, your knuckles look like you've been punching brick walls, and you have two broken ribs. Don't try to talk, you're still healing."

I try to get out of the bed, but she pushes me back down.

"You can't leave! You can barely walk! No, you'll have to stay here for a few more days before you can go. Lie down and I'll be back in a minute," she says as she walks off.

There's no way I'm staying in a bed for days. The second she's out of eyesight, I jump out of bed, almost falling over. I see an open window and fly out. I'm in a huge place with massive buildings everywhere. There's so many people, I'm overwhelmed. I have to get out of here. Seeing the edge of a forest that has the same kind of trees as my home, I fly in that direction. Sure enough, I see my house and when I've flown far enough, there's the place I met everyone.

I land outside and Roshi runs outside. He says, "Alpha! You're up! You don't look like you've properly healed yet. Here, a senzu bean. They heal wounds and restore your stamina. It'll hurt because of your jaw, but you should at least be able to chew it now."

I rip off my bandages and take one of the beans. The pain and ache I agonising as I chew, but it fades immediately. I rip off my bandages and I feel good as new.

"Alright! So Roshi, where is everyone?"

Roshi explains everything to me and I think about how Gohan and Bulma shouldn't have gone. "Ok Roshi. How do I get to Namek?"

"Well, Bulma's father is preparing a ship for you as we speak. He lives in a huge spherical building in the same city as the hospital you woke up in. Sorry we weren't there Alpha, but we didn't know how long it was going to be until you woke up. Good luck!" He points back towards the city I came from.

I turn to leave. "Don't worry Roshi, I barely know you anyway, I don't want to ask much of you. Thanks for telling me! Bye!"

As I'm flying, I think, "Hold on, Bulma, Krillin, Gohan, Goku. We don't know what's waiting for us on namek, but I will be ready!"