she's cold

You followed the sound of Yeji's hoarse cough into the bedroom.

The sight you were met with when you stood in the doorway broke your heart. Yeji squirmed around in bed. She was restless yet exhausted. She's found it hard to sleep much over the last few days when she feels so rotten and sick. The terrible cold she's come down with has made her wanna do nothing but lay in bed.

Your feet patted across the bedroom floor as you made your way over to where she was laying. Her eyes were closed at first but when the mattress dipped under you as you sat beside her they fluttered open.

You could see by the look in her eyes just how miserable she was feeling. You let your hand fall against her forehead. Your skin felt cool against her clammy skin, so she breathed out a soft sigh at the feeling.

"You should try to sleep." You mumbled sadly.

"I can't. I'm cold and I feel restless." She murmured before she brushed some of her hair away from her face. She looked at you with sad eyes, tugging at her lip for a second before she coughed into her elbow. "Can you lay with me? Please?"

"Of course." You said and laid beside her. Right away, she was moving into your arms, sighing at the warmth your embrace gave her. She hummed when your fingers brushed along her warm skin. Her eyes felt heavy and she shivered a couple of times, but when you adjusted the blankets over her and tightened your arms around her she seemed to relax.

Her head rested on your shoulder. Her eyes felt heavy; too heavy to keep open any longer. The restless feeling had gone away with you there to hold her.

"Are you warmer now, Yeji?"

"Much warmer. Thank you, Y/N."

You shook your head with a soft smile. "No need to thank me. I'll do whatever I can to make you feel better." You said as you brushed your lips over the crown of her head. "I love you and hope you start to feel better soon. If you need anything, I'm here."

She nodded weakly. "Love you too." She spoke before she drifted off to sleep, feeling much warmer and much more comfortable there in your embrace.