I like you (18)

AN: Please vote for this chapter

Rebecca

I like James and this is bad. But it feels so right. I hadn't initially planned to like this man. I was only looking for a friend. Someone to talk to every now and then who was not drunk and remembered what I told them. And now, I developed feelings for him. But I should have known that this was going to happen. His voice was so deep, calm and sensual. It awakened feelings in me that had been dormant for ages. It was only a matter of time before I would no longer be able to deny these feelings.

You see, I have lived alone for my whole life and forgotten what it was like to be loved. The last time I felt loved was before my dad died. And that is so long ago. So, I had never really felt a need to be loved. After all I have been happy by myself all this time. But then I saw James in the bar that night and for some unknown reason I was drawn in. This force drew me to him and I wasn't about to rejected the force. It had never led me astray before. I think it is my parents watching out for me from the other side. Or that is what I tell myself. But now here I was in this predicament.

I might as well admit that when I had first heard James speak in the bar the night, I subconsciously knew that I was a goner. But I just did not want to admit that I had ended up liking a white guy. I was already odd enough as is. I didn't want to give people another reason to be talking about me. But now, I no longer could deny my desire to want to become more than just friends with him. I liked James a lot.

Knowing all of this I also very well knew that I could not bring James into my world. It was way too dangerous for humans. To have to live with the fear of losing him so easily would be the burden I would have to bear. But could I handle it if anything were to happen to him? It would after all be my fault for introducing him to my world. But I also could not ignore my feelings. I needed to make a decision and I needed to make one fast.

Hence, I decided to meet up with James today. I decided that I was going to let him know of how my plans had changed. I was going to tell him that we could no longer be friends. It was safe this way. Just the mere thought of him getting hurt was enough to pull me back to my senses. My parents would find me someone else. Surely, I had a mate out there too. Someone who would love me just for who I was. I always wanted what my parents had despite knowing that there was a very big chance I would not get it. I was different after all. I remember when my parents would call me different. Somehow, they had managed to make the word sound special. But right now, different hurts worse than ugly. Different is the reason I kept running from a danger I had yet to encounter. I just wish I was normal for even just a day. I wanted to be normal so badly just so that I could not be alone anymore. But I also knew better than to risk an innocent life.

If I decided to wait for the right moment, I was going to wait forever and I didn't want to wait. What was I even living for?

XXXXXX

Dimitri

Rebecca had been oddly silent today which was rather unusual as she is always very chatty. But at the same time, so was I. My mind was currently occupied with thoughts of my mate. I still have a shot with her. The mere thought gave me a sense of hope. A way to move forward. I can still vividly remember her angelic form.

Destiney is perfect for me and life just gave me a second chance with her. Now that there was actual hope that I could still claim her, she was all I could think of. My brain was spiraling on all the different possible encounters we could have when we meet again. I could not tell her that I was the prince still, but I knew without a doubt that I needed to talk with her and make her see reason. She would definitely come around. We were mates for a reason after all.

"Are you alright, Beck?" I asked after I realised that the silence had been going on for too long. We were currently walking around in the market again which was what we had done the first day we had properly met in the coffee shop. Normally Rebecca would be dragging me to different stalls to buy numerous things. Yet we were walking at a snail's pace today. What was wrong with her?

"Urhm...yeah. Yes, why do you ask?" She said as she again placed her hand through her hair as if she was frustrated. Something was up with this woman and I didn't know exactly what it was. She was acting odd today. So, I decided to change the topic to try and ease her down from whatever it is that is making her act weird. If she wanted to talk to me about it then she would tell me. Also, I first needed to get my news out before hers. Her news did seem to be a bit gloomy based on the way she is acting.

"Ok then. I am actually planning on visiting the lower kingdom for a few days actually," I said confidently. Waiting for her to bombard me with questions about why I was leaving.

But then she stopped walking and turned around to face me. "James...urhm," she started. She was twiddling with her fingers, which I had come to learn was a nervous habit of hers. What was she nervous about though? "Hey Rebecca it's just me," I said hoping to calm her down. As I rubbed my hands down her shoulders. I had noticed that by doing that she would usually calm down.

I was not ready to hear the next words that flew out her mouth. So, I definitely didn't have a clue on how to respond to them either. "James... I think... I think I like you. No, I know I like you. I like you okay. I like you like more than friends kinda like you," she said with finality staring me directly in the eyes

XXXXXX

AN

QOC: So, tell me do you think that women should be the ones to make the first moves or not?

I think they should if they strongly like the guy, or at least give the guy obvious signs not just stare at him and expect him to somehow figure it out. But then again, I don't think I would directly tell a guy that I like them. But I would give them obvious signs.

What are your thoughts? Tell me in the comments section

Now vote before you go on

Thanks for reading