Leaving (19)

AN: Please vote

Dimitri

It is safe to say that I had hit another brain freeze. As soon as the words came out of Rebecca's mouth, I was frozen. My eyes kept staring back at her hoping that this was some sort of joke. But after looking at the way her face remained serious, I realized that Rebecca was being serious. At this realization, I tried to think of something to say back to her. But I had never been in such a situation before. So, I had no idea what to say back to her. Hence, I decided to do and say nothing.

This is why I never had any female friends. But right now, I wish I had because I was busy screwing a good friendship. Now I was used to women throwing themselves at me and giving me dooey eyes. But I was never acquainted with them so I could always just ignore them and move on with my life. I never had to reject a woman I actually knew before. And having felt rejection just recently I had no idea how to soften the blow.

After not responding for a while Rebecca stormed off somewhere and I was left alone in this market in total shock. She wanted to be more than friends? When did I give off that idea? Also she can't get mad at me. I was blind-sided for crying out loud. Not to mention that fact that this means that Damien was kind of not completely wrong. He just got things the other way around. It was not I who liked Rebecca, but she who liked me. If he could see me right now he would most likely have a good laugh. Wait, this is Damien I am thinking of, he would not laugh. The best outcome would be a smile at most.

Damn it! I was sure, I had just lost Rebecca as a friend. And she was a great friend. We clicked so well. I only knew her for just over a month but the friendship was already solid. Not to mention the fact that she reminded me a lot of Ellie. If they had ever gotten the chance to meet, they would have been great friends. I just knew it in my gut. But I guess it was better this way. I was after all going to get my mate back. So, it was better that things ended sooner rather than later. I was going to miss my best friend though

XXXXX

"Damien, I just need a few days to convince her. I already lost my family. I just cannot afford to lose her too!" I argued back. I do not know why Damien was only now disagreeing with me. Last night when we had spoken of my departure, he seemed to agree with me. Well, he said nothing so I had taken that as his silent agreement. Apparently I was wrong. Because right now he was hell bent on me not going. And it did not seen as if he was going to budge.

"I just don't think it is wise. Yes she is your mate but look at your parents, they are happy right? No one could even tell them apart from true mates. Why lower yourself and get someone who you know doesn't love you instead?" He argued back. I hated how right he was. I had already given up on this woman. But just like that, I was back again. Despite knowing that she didn't love me back. I was some love sick puppy honestly. But she was my mate for a reason. And surely that reason trumps her not loving me as I am right now.

"You deserve someone who loves you for you. Not for some title. I mean look at what happened and you lost the title so quickly. Ask yourself this, would she would stay by your side if you lost it all? Is that what you really want?" he said. He was now standing right in front of me. "Fine, I won't purse the girl. I will just go wish her congratulations then. I need closure Damien," I pleaded. Damien was my best friend and I knew he was only looking out for me. That is why I also needed him to come with me, if I was to see her again one last time. I needed someone to hold me back. Destiny had a way of controlling me and I needed to not let her beauty get to me this time around.

"We can head there together. I will say my goodbyes and then we leave and head straight for the Lunar pack since it is on our way," I said defeated. Damien seemed reluctant at first but after some consideration he nodded in agreement and left my room.

I did think about telling Damien that Rebecca confessed that she liked me. But I did not want another 'I told you so' moment from him. Besides I was a little worried about this Rebecca situation. In Damien's story, He eventually realized he liked the girl. But I didn't like Rebecca so, it was fine. I had Destiny and there was no way I would choose anyone else. I would let her go now and once all this mess is dealt with, I would come win her heart back. I did after all still need an heir for the throne. Yet, some tiny part of me kept reminding me that Damien knows me better than myself. And he said I liked Rebecca. I really hope that he is wrong this time around.

Now it was time to pack. After all, I think we did overstay our time in this motel. Of course without me working, Damien and I had to compel the workers here to let us stay longer. We were kind of out of choices. Besides we didn't kill anyone. Compelling people was very easy so no one actually got hurt in the process. These are still my people so I must protect them still. 

XXXXXX

AN

QOC: What one thing can you not go anywhere without?

I know this chapter was odd but I needed to continue from the last chapter's cliff hanger. Also what are your thoughts on Damien's advice about Dimitri's mate? let me know in the comments. Oh and don't forget to vote.

Thanks for reading