Final glance (21)

AN: Please vote for the chapter. I would really appreciate it 

XXXXXXX

Dimitri

Destiny's wedding was being held far in the outskirts of Kena. The wedding was being held in the middle of a forest. I must admit I was curious to see what Destiney would come up with. I had no doubt that it would be beautiful anyways. I just didn't understand why she chose the forest of all places. But overall this worked in my favour as it meant the wedding is actually along our path to the Lunar Pack.

If Damien and I went by human transportation, we wouldn't have made it in time for the wedding. But now with the change of plans, Damien and I just used our abilities to get us there in time. I heard the chatters before, I saw the people. The forest was really thick with trees. And then I saw it...

It was right in the middle of the forest. The clearing was probably about 200 square meters. Honestly speaking I was surprised that my mate had such a small venue for her wedding. I expected her to have thousands of people present for her wedding. But I guess my assumptions were incorrect. There was various people entering the hall, so I knew that the ceremony hadn't started yet. This meant that I would have to wait outside hidden in plain site until my mate would make her appearance. I wasn't in a rush honestly but I also didn't want to keep Damien waiting. He already seemed bored enough.

I then continued taking in my surroundings. Even though this wasn't a happy moment for me, I still couldn't deny the fact that the place looked magnificent. The entire building was made of glass, including the roof! Thus even from where I was standing I could see everything inside the venue perfectly. There was these fancy chandeliers hanging in a row down the center of the roof. The seats were set in a rectangle, such that the middle of the rectangle was the pathway where the bride would walk down. It was a very small and intimate venue. It was simply perfect.

Damien and I could have used compulsion to get past the doorman which would have made things easier and given me a better view of my mate. But we were not staying. Besides, I didn't trust myself control around her. Whenever Destiny gets close enough to me, I become unraveled. And I don't want to do something stupid like ruin her wedding for her. She didn't choose me and I had to make peace with that reality.

So, Damien and I settled for hiding in the forest and watching everything from a good distance so that no human could see us. I had great vision after all so there was no need to be so up close and risk being seen through the glass. Secondly l didn't need to see Destiney upfront even though that would have been ideal. I just needed to get close enough to engrave her face into my mind. After all, she was the woman made for me physically speaking. At least they got that right. I guess fate had failed to pair us mentally too. Or maybe it is because once I would have been crowned king, we would have properly met. Then maybe our story would have been different.

 Then maybe our story would have been different

"I thought I would never see you again," she said. Her voice was perfect too. I had not yet turned around to see my mate. Yet just from hearing her voice and being in close proximity to her, I had become undone. She smelt lovely. Her natural scent was that of strawberries- my favourite fruit. But she had on some strong perfume that was encasing her natural scent. All in all, I wanted to smell her forever. But luck wasn't on my side, so I settled for this moment.

I then slowly turned around to face my beautiful mate. When my eyes landed on her, I felt my entire body awaken. I knew that I didn't have forever, but this moment right now was pretty good. Having her stand in front of me allowed me to see her eyes properly. Her ocean blue eyes have light specks of green. Her checks were graced with a light pink blush that made me want to reach out and stroke them. I knew without a doubt that her skin was softer than the fluffiest pillows, but I had never gotten the chance to touch them. And now I never will. She had light make up done around her eyes. It was a mix of baby blue and pink I think. All in all she looked mesmerizing.

"I've been looking for you," she spoke again. Her mouth moving caused me to stare at her lips. Oh, how I wanted to kiss those soft pink lips of hers right now. I also then noticed that she has a beauty spot on the left side of her upper lip.

Realising that I wasn't going to respond anytime soon she continued speaking again, "James I know I hurt you the other day and I really wanted us to talk about things. I looked for you everywhere but it was like no one knew where to find you. I asked around and there was no record of a James Rodrick anywhere. I thought that I had imagined you, you know and...And now you are here. I felt you as soon as you arrived you know." I couldn't speak to her right now. I was still busy engraving her into my head.

The gown she wore was nothing short of elegant. Her long blonde locks had been tied up as her shoulders were left clear. Her hair looked messy, but still effortlessly beautiful. She had two loose strands twirling on either side of her ears.

My eyes lingered a little longer on the area between her neck and shoulder, as I examined the place I would have marked her if we were to blood bond. It was such a shame that I would never get to access to that slender neck of hers.

The dress she wore was like a second skin on her upper body and then at her hips it went wide out. There was these design things all over the dress. I'm not much into design to know what it's called. But it made her dress more beautiful. Overall Destiney had outdone perfection. "Are you going to say anything?" She asked bring me out of my trance again by snapping her fingers before my eyes.

"I hope you have a lovely wedding and a great life Destiny Rivers," I said and then I vanished.

XXXXX

QOC: Where would your ideal wedding be hosted? 

Any comments on the chapter? let me know in the comments as well