Chapter Thirty-Nine: Eden's Gate

The last was missing. Everything had been sucked up by B-01's very presence. B-64 could feel the pull of that green energy flowing around it. He could barely call B-01 a person or protogen now, he was something far, far different now.

Spike after spike, wave after wave of that green energy blasted through the decimated clearing, reigning terrible, dark things into those with organic minds. B-64 clenched his claws into a fist, digging his paws into the cold, barren dirt.

B-01... He wasn't even sure how in the world it got like this. That much energy, inside that body, it shouldn't be possible. It shouldn't be capable of handling all the monstrous power, but somehow B-01 was able to harness it.

B-64 just stood, anchoring himself to the ground. It was all he was able to do as more and more waves of that destructive green energy flowed. Would it be Green Boson Energy? It would be possible.

Unless B-64 got another heaping dose of power and strength, he'd never be able to defeat B-01. His visor took on a grim expression as he thought it through in his mind, clattering his claws together.

"Hexel... How much can we take away from their upgrades without getting rid of their powers?" B-64 asked, arching his claws. He hated having to ask this at all, it was in violation to their thoughts, but right now, it wasn't like they could answer.

"About thirty percent from Axel and twenty from Marissa. Mason's wouldn't do any good, though..." Hexel responded, and although he tried his hardest not to imagine what B-64 was trying to imply, he knew it was coming.

"I need it. There is no other way to kill B-01. He's just... Too powerful." B-64 said once more, his paws now making little ditches for themselves as more waves passed by. It seemed B-01's shot mind was more than willing to wait them out.

Mason looked between the group, and realized what he was asking. With out the slightest hint of hesitation, Mason grabbed his umbrella and presented it B-64, "Take mine too. I... I don't know what else to do, so just take it!"

Hearing his voice once again stirred something within the protogen. Knowing that someone he loved, someone he cherished beyond even the closest friend, was right there in the doorsteps of oblivion...

B-64 felt his generator kick back in, overdrive activating and his adrenaline rushed once more. He turned swiftly around, rushing over to where Hexel was hastily retrieving the other weapons that Mason's friends had.

Axel's Axle Wrench and Marissa's Knife. B-64 tore a chunk out of each one, smashing it against his body. There was no other way, he repeated to himself, there was no other way.

With a final look over to B-01, B-64 rushed to Mason's side. He dug his knees into the dirt as he slid next to him, enveloping him in a large hug. This... This might be the end.

Mason presented his umbrella, "Take it all. I don't care about the powers, I don't care about anything else. Get back safe, alright? Please..." Mason cried through the mind-link, slamming the umbrella against B-64's fluffy chest, quickly disappearing into him.

B-64 hadn't started to feel the strain yet, but he knew it would come soon. He couldn't wait any longer. B-64 nodded and nuzzled against Mason's head, giving one last trill of contentedness before standing up and turning to face B-01.

B-64 took a stance, digging his paws even deeper into the ground as ice particles slowly began to form around him. Gravity itself became distorted and reality bent around him. He felt the intense heat begin to burn, the tremendous cold start to cool, and the light begin to excruciate.