Accidents

It was a calm night at the compound

It was a calm night at the compound. Everyone was doing their own things. Some were in the living room, watching movies and catching up on the series, others were in the gym or their rooms.

Bucky was on his way to his room when he suddenly heard a blood-curdling scream coming from your room. Not thinking much, he ran into your room, convinced someone was in there and you were in danger. The room was empty, but then he saw light coming from the bathroom and went there.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Bucky burst through the door, frantically looking around, ready to fight whoever was there. His gaze stopped at your naked body standing near the shower, understanding that maybe he made a big mistake and you weren't in actual danger.

"Bucky?" Your head spun around so fast you got dizzy.

"Y/n?" He looked down your body, slightly tilting his head, confused by the whole situation. His mind going completely blank.

"Bucky!" You tried to cover yourself as much as you could. "Get out!" You yelled, quickly wrapping yourself in a towel.

"Sorry," He closed his eyes with his palm turning around, bumping into the door frame before scrambling out. "I'm so sorry. I heard a scream and thought you were in danger." He tried to explain it from your room. "It sounded like someone was about to murder you."

"Well, I'm not in any danger. There's a big spider in my shower. I hate spiders." You walked out of the bathroom, bright red from embarrassment, tightly clutching your fluffy robe to your chest.

"Do you want me to take care of it...since I'm already here?" He asked, still turned with his back to you.

"Yes, that would be really helpful."

"Can I - can I turn around?"

"I'm not naked...anymore."

He slowly turned around to face you, light crimson tinting his cheeks. "If that makes you feel any better, I didn't see anything. Everything happened so fast my mind blacked out." He tried to make the situation less awkward.

"It's alright, I'll somehow try to live it down."

He took care of the spider, taking it out of the shower and carried it outside. You fell in your bed, feeling embarrassed you screamed in your pillow, considering never leaving your room ever again and not seeing anyone for the rest of your life.

The next two weeks were awkward, to say the least. You didn't know how to look Bucky in the eyes again or how to talk to him. Whenever you two were left alone in a room, you made an excuse that you had to go somewhere or do something urgently, rushing out as fast as you could.

"What's with you?" Sam asked, noticing Bucky being more quiet than usual. They had finished their daily run and were walking back to the compound.

"Nothing."