Chapter 21

As soon as I see the black car pull up outside of the diner, I go out. My Dad is already out of the car, walking towards me, but stop when he sees my face.

"Did something happen?" He asks, concerned.

"Hi, Dad. And why don't you ask mom?" I say, maybe a little too harsh. As soon as the words leave my mouth, my Dad's face drains for blood. He looks ghostly white.

"Yeah. Want to tell me what the hell you two talked about?" I ask him, as I get situated into the car. I don't mean to be bitchy, but I can't help it. As soon as I saw his face, the betrayal rose up again.

My Dad hops into the car and asks, still shocked, "Di-did she come to meet you personally?"

"Yep. Showed up at my dorm after class. She told me, that that you were the one to tell her, where I was when you had your little talk the other day."

"That manipulative bitch!" My Dad swears before continuing, "She came to me the other day out of nowhere, asking how you were and how you were doing. I simply told her, that you got into of the finest colleges, Stanford, without any kind of help from you, so she could go to hell. Now she has completely manipulated the story, making you mad at me."

"I knew something was wrong, but I was just so hurt at the moment, that I believed her. How stupid of me. But I am glad, that we both got the chance to swear at her," I tell him.

"You swore at her? Tell me all about it," My Dad says excitingly. We're trying to get the best out of the situation, and it's definitely working. I can't believe I thought, he would betray me like that. I'm just glad that we're back to normal.

I tell my Dad everything that happened that evening. And he comes with the funniest comments in between everything; "Ha! Take that! Dada ain't raise no bitch!"

We laugh, as we drive home. It will be nice to spend some time away from everything.

"So what happened after you stormed out of your own dorm?" My Dad asks. Okay, so I hadn't told him everything that happened that evening. I had stopped talking, after telling him I stormed out.

"Uhhhh, IwenttoDimitri'splace," I rush out.

"Honey, I didn't get a single word of what you were trying to say," he laughs. Ugh, I know I can't lie to him.

"I went to Dimitri's place."

"You did? What was his reaction?"

"To me standing in front of his door, sobbing my heart out? Oh, you know the usual," I joke. My Dad turns his head to look at me as if checking if I'm being serious.

"No, Dad. Dimitri was good. He held me until I had cried out," I tell him quietly.

"You know, I'm beginning to like this Dimitri more and more."

Yeah, me too, I think to myself.

*****

Finally, we pull up to our house. Aw, how I've missed it. I sling my bag over my shoulder, as we walk in.

"You hungry?" My Dad asks me.

"Always," I joke, but mean seriously.

"I'll make some lunch then."

"Thanks. I'm just gonna leave my things in my room," I yell, as I walk into my old room. Now I'm here, I can pack some more books to take back with me. I'm getting kinda tired of reading the same over and over, although you can never get tired of the classics. I sigh as I look over my stack of books. I can't exactly take them all with me, even though I would love to do that. My dorm hasn't got that much space. I pick out some of my favorites and pack them down, so I don't forget them.

I walk back out to my Dad in the kitchen and sit down on one of the stools.

"So, how did you feel when mom showed up?" I ask my Dad cautiously. I know he was trying to hide his real emotions back in the car, but I know deep down, that he's not entirely okay.

"Oh, you know... I was mad and angry, honestly. I've been holding on to the anger towards her for all these years, so it was good to finally let it all out on her. But also hard. She was the women I loved for so long - until she wasn't. I don't think I'm ever gonna get fully over her, but that's okay. She gave me you after all, so I'm not complaining in the slightest," he says.

"Awwe Dad. I love you," I say, as I walk over to him and give him a hug.

"I love you too, honey. Now, let's get some food before we pass out of hunger."

I chuckle at his exaggeration, as we sit down at the table and eat until we split. It's good to be back.