chapter forty-one

Emily

Harry's and my taxi pulled up in Mum and Dad's driveway. The hour and a half trip here hadn't been close to what it was a few weeks ago. The taxi driver this time was not a rude Spanish man but instead a nice lady who was able to keep conversation flowing. To say the least, I wouldn't mind having to be in the taxi for longer.

Harry and I had spent part of the trip, discussing what we thought the gender of the baby would be. Harry had said girl and I had said boy. The two of us agreed that whoever guessed right would get to do one thing the other person wanted.

The taxi pulled up in Mum and Dad's driveway, and once again, Harry insisted on paying. I only let him if he agreed to let me give her the tip which he ended up agreeing to.

Harry grabbed our bag from the boot of the taxi. We'd ended up using the same bag seeing as we were only staying for a night. 

"I think they're more excited to see you then their own sister" I said, pointing to the three not so discrete kids, peeping through the front window. I locked eyes with Tommy who instantly shoved Ally and Matt back while pointing to me. Harry chuckled before tangling his fingers in mine.

The front door opened before we even got to the door and Ally, Matt and Tommy all ran out, sprinting over to Harry and flinging their arms around him, nearly knocking him over in the process.

"We have waited so long to see you" Matt said, stepping back to give Harry some space.

"And now you're finally here" Ally said excitedly as she stepped back as well. Tommy however stayed clinging onto Harry, resting his head against his stomach and tightening his grip on Harry's hip.

"I don't think anyone's been more excited then me" Harry told them, only causing Ally and Matt's grins to widen. Harry placed one of his hands on Tommy's back, who still hadn't let go of him.

"I've been so excited to see you as well Em! Oh gee thanks guys, me too!" I said sarcastically. Tommy pulled away from Harry, looking over at me.

"But why would we lie" Matt said with a cocky grin. I rolled my eyes playfully before the three of them all wrapped their arms around me. 

My attention was pulled away from Ally, Matt and Tommy as the familiar sound of barks were heard. The three peeled themselves off me as Baxter came running towards me. I collapsed onto my knees as he jumped onto me, planting licks all over my face as I patted him.

"Looks like I have some competition" Harry joked with a chuckle.

"I'm just glad someone's happy to see me" I said, speaking to soon because Baxter left my side and jumped up, placing his front paws on Harry's thighs.

Ally, Matt and Tommy all pulled away and the five of us made our way inside, Baxter walking alongside me. I could tell that Harry was nervous because he was twisting at his rings on his left hand. I tangled my fingers in with his, giving him a slight squeeze for reassurance.

"Can we have a Nerf war Harry, I have so many cool Nerf guns you can use. Everyone can play and we can all be on two teams. But I dibs having you because I can tell you're gonna be really good. Oh and we can-"

"Matt, why don't you let Harry meet Mum and Dad first" I said, interrupting Matt's exciting rambling. Harry chuckled and rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand.

"I would love to have a Nerf war. Except I don't think I'm really as good as you think buddy" Harry replied as we walked down the front hall.

"I'ts fine, I can just teach you" Matt said. Harry chuckled again as we walked into the living room. Mum and Dad both lifted their heads up at the noise before the two stood up.