THREE - yesterday

┍                                                                           ┑

┖                                                                            ┙

"yesterday... all my troubles seemed so far away. now it looks as though they're here to stay. oh, I believe in yesterday."

(the beatles, yesterday)

•••

The BAU landed in Stratton, Vermont at approximately 12:31 pm.

Immediately after the rough landing due to an increase in snow over the previous few hours, the team poured out of the jet, dressed to the nines in warm clothing. Gianna had on a white fluffy snow hat and a large winter coat. She knew how cold it could get- she had gone skiing a handful of times. The jet was appropriately parked at the base of the ski resort. From what Gianna could tell, the resort was relatively small, but it seemed to be charming. She walked a short distance from the tarmac to get a clear view of the main mountain, Spencer and Dave following behind her. It stretched up for miles and miles- a gondola ranging from the base of the ski slopes all the way up to the top of the mountain. The tip of the mountain was covered by a cloud of fog- which Gianna could only assume was due to the weather. In fact, Gianna felt quite cold now that she thought about it. She pulled out her phone to check the weather. 

"Holy balls!"

Spencer cocked his head at the foul language and Dave seemed to cringe a little, which made Gianna blush slightly with embarrassment. However, it would be hard to differentiate the blush from the cold or her humiliation. Regardless, she shook it off and shoved her phone screen into Dave's face. 

"It's -8 degrees."

Dave gave Gianna a "no shit?" look and rolled his eyes.

"It's not like we're on a mountain in Vermont in the middle of January or anything, Gi."

Dave said sarcastically.

"I know, but-"

Before Gianna could give a rebuttal to Dave, SSA Dick-For-Brains interrupted their conversation.

"Let's move. We don't have time to fraternize."

He gave Gianna a stern parental look while scanning her up and down. It was clear that he was trying to profile her- to see if she had any fear. But Gianna wouldn't let him win. She crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a smug look. She did her best to ignore the itching feeling on her skin from the snowflakes that were dusting across her nose.