12| Thestrals

12. Thestrals

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

      ELEANOR WISHED THAT CHRISTMAS BREAK COULD LAST FOREVER. — Longer than summer ever. The girl held no shame in her opinion. For she thought it was true. Eleanor enjoyed the time with her father more than anything. This holiday was the best in her life because she was free from her mother's wrath. Something she had been waiting all too long for. That was why the girl verbally expressed her disappointment to her father as he drove her back to the station where she would return to the gloomy school where the fear of a wizarding war was spreading. Each time Eleanor returned she was greeted with an even more dark school. Each day, the houses split even more from the core. School pride wasn't valued anymore as the days grew darker with the inevitable drawing closer. Eleanor was only 15 now and she was scared about whether she would return home to see her father waiting for her in their townhouse apartment.

      Enough with the saddening thoughts, Eleanor shook her head to empty them from her mind. This was only a temporary solution as the thoughts would creep back when she was last expecting them too. When her father bid her off at the front of the station she held him tighter than the times before. Promising to write more than she had in the last year. She wasn't just promising him these things she should have been doing earlier, the girl was promising to herself. Promising to cherish these memories as if they were the last because before you know it. It would be too late. That was the biggest fear playing into her mind.

      Eleanor had to find her way through the crowds towards the platform, usually her mother would drag her to the wall and see her board. Her father's fears and better judgement prevented him from doing so. So much had changed within the few months when Eleanor left to begin her fifth year. It showed how fast the war was pacing and how oblivious they had all been.

      Angelica was the first person to greet Eleanor. Just before they ran through the bricks they had met, deciding to run through the walls together. The gossip from the last weekend since theyspent Christmas Eve together was discussed. Finally, Eleanor returned to being oblivious to the war again. It was like the stacked bricks were a barrier to the outside world. If so, the girl never wanted to return... Unless her father could join them in the safety of Hogwarts and Dumbledore. The girls continued the Hogwarts Express routine.

      Not wasting anymore time on the platform in fear of the Black family, that her mother and brother returned too this Winter. Greeting the rowdy teenagers that were already comfortable in their unofficial cart. Remus smiled at Eleanor, she really hadn't seen him as often as she would have liked. He was her best friend after all. She took the empy position next to him with Angelica joining Sirius on the other side. They didn't waste much time, reconnecting. If you know what I mean.

      "Remmy, I missed you" Eleanor began, the comment seeming sort of forced, even though Eleanor was being genuine.

      "We saw each other a few days ago." Remus replied in a matter of factly tone. Eleanor knew that he was being sarcastic, it was just how the boy was.