Chapter 13 | Drunk Sierra

I don't know what happened, but somehow a drink turned into five

I don't know what happened, but somehow a drink turned into five. Or maybe six?

Six. What a weird number. It sounds like sex, which is just an awful tragedy, and looks like the number nine upside down, which is even sadder. Basically, the number six sucks. So I shouldn't have six drinks. Nope, nope. I hereby declare that I am going to make it seven.

Seven. Love that number. There's something about it that reminds me of really big dicks. I have no idea why but the number seven has big dick energy. I like seven. Seven drinks is working out rather nicely. I will stop at seven so not to cheat on that hunk. On that note, drunk Sierra is loyal too? How can you not love me?

"How can you not love me?" I all but scream in Sawyer's face. He nods seriously but looks like he's trying not to laugh. That's just mean. "Do not laugh at me, Sawyer! I'm lovable!"

"Babe," He chuckles, wrapping an arm around me when I lean my entire weight against the table and it screeches backwards. He straightens me up and leads me away. I'm glad he's holding on to me. I feel like I'm walking on a pool of jello. The floor feels squishy. "I think we've established how in love with you I am. You don't have to doubt that around me."

Now my heart feels squishy. I cup his face and smush, making his wonderfully hot face all scrunched. "You are too gorgeous to be saying that to me. Did someone pay you?"

"What?" Though he laughs he looks kind of sad at my question. Aw. I made hot Sawyer sad. I'm such a bad friend. "Why would you even think something like that? Jesus, Sierra. Do I have to kick someone's ass?"

I gasp. Now that is the best idea I've ever heard. "Yes! But the list is really long. I'm trying to remember how many people I went to high school with."

"Huh. I'm guessing your high school experience wasn't so great?"

"You are so good at this game, Sawyer! You really are as smart as you say you are."

"Thank you." His lips twitch and then he glances over my shoulder. "Hey, man."

"Who's there?" I turn around and burst out laughing at Holden's face. He looks funny. So serious. Like he's focusing on taking a shit. "Knock knock! Oh, no, wait. I said it in the wrong order."

He doesn't laugh at my joke. Doesn't even smile. Why is he so mean? I narrow my eyes to glare at him and show him just how mad he's making me. Stupid, mean, hot Holden. Wait. Did I just call him hot? I squint harder, trying to focus. Whaddaya know? The man really is hot! I can't believe I didn't notice it before.

"You're hot," I feel the need to inform him. I think a muscle on his cheek just twitched. "But that makes sense. You're the devil and where you come from is as hot as it gets."

His nostril flares and a deep exhale leaves him. He peers around me at Sawyer. "You mind seeing everyone out? I'm taking her home."

"Taking me home?" I repeat in alarm. What the cheese is he saying? "Don't say it like that! People will think we're going to have s-e-x." Then I gasp as I realize something. "HOLDEN. Are we going to have s-e-x?"