Warmth

sorry for my long procrastination (ಥ﹏ಥ) a̶i̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶

~♡~

          "Mom, I'm home."

          As soon as you stepped inside your house, you closed the door behind you. You took your shoes off and placed them on the shoe rack beside the entrance before walking to the narrow hallway that led to rooms.

          "How was school, dear?" A woman stepped out of the kitchen. She was wearing an apron and had a ladle in her hand. You guessed that she was cooking dinner already at an early evening.

          You made your way to her. The parent returned to her previous task and so you followed her to the kitchen. "Uh, it was great, yeah. No problems whatsoever," you replied as you scratched the nape of your neck. You couldn't tell her that you skipped the afternoon classes, otherwise she would probably think you were a "Never mind that. I'm gonna use the oven later. Do you still have those baking flour?"

          "Yes, there are still some more left. Are you going to bake this evening? Shouldn't you go rest right now after coming home from school?"

          "Well actually, I promised a friend to give him some baked goods. Kind of like that."

          Your mother raised a brow and looked at you suspiciously. "Oh, a guy? It's only been your second day of school and you're already confessing to someone? Teenagers," she scoffed.

          Her words made you tensed your shoulders due of her assumption. "What? No, it's not like that!" you semi-argued. There was a light reddish hue on your face, but only because you remembered the embarrassing encounter you had with that boy. "Come on, mom."

          "I know, I know. I'm just teasing," she went back to stirring the heated pot on the stove in front of her. You sniffed the steam that came out from the metallic cookware. The aroma of the cooked stew sent a grumble to your stomach and a drool escaped from your lips.

          "Ohh, it smells good," you wiped of the saliva by the back of your hand. "What are gonna eat for dinner?"

          "See for yourself," your mother moved to the side so could see the multiple plates on the countertop. You didn't notice those when you entered until now. On the wooden surface were different meals placed separately, but the proportions of the food were too great to be filled up by only three family members.

          "That's a lot. I don't think the two of us with dad can finish all of that. Why'd you cook so many?"

          "Of course we're not going to eat all of that, silly. I'm thinking of handing out the leftovers to this sweet old man and his grandsons. Earlier, he visited us and gave us lunch and some goodies as a warm welcome for moving into this neighborhood. I was going to ask you to deliver the leftovers to them."

          You nodded in understanding. "Oh, I see. Don't worry, it's not a bother. I'll take those to them once you're finished packing them."

          "Alright, sweetie. Now go and change your clothes. Dinner's almost ready."

          "Okay." You left the kitchen and passed by the living room where your dad was seated while watching the television. You greeted him and he greeted back in return. Taking a flight upstairs, you walked towards a certain door that had a sign with a particular name carved into it.

          The entrance opened as soon as you twisted the doorknob and pushed the door inwards the room. When you entered, you closed it and tossed the bag on the floor. It made a soft 'thump' when the contents inside came in contact with the base. You already headed to the bed before you plopped yourself down to the mattress, your face rested against the sheets and your breath nearly suffocating from the lack of oxygen.