Chapter 40

-------------------> ON THE MORNING OF THE TRIP TO HOGSMEADE, Lyra had been given two feet long lists by Sirius, James and Regulus, naming things that they wanted her to buy which thoroughly consisted of different types of sweet treats and product...

-------------------> ON THE MORNING OF THE TRIP TO HOGSMEADE, Lyra had been given two feet long lists by Sirius, James and Regulus, naming things that they wanted her to buy which thoroughly consisted of different types of sweet treats and products manufactured by the joke shop, Zonko's.

Lyra's eyes met Andromeda's as she linked her arms with Lucius and flashed her a smile.

Good luck, Andy. You'll need it.

She nodded to her before leaving with Lucius to the village, the white wildflower which her boyfriend had had to pluck from the forbidden forest due to the short notice was prettily tucked behind her ear.

------> 0o0 <------

With their hands full of bags of chocolates, quills, ink pots and books, Lucius and Lyra waved goodbye to the rest of the Slytherin Court and broke away to take a walk on their own.

They made their way to the Shrieking Shack, an abandoned house towards the end of Hogsmeade.

"Is this a good idea?" Lucius asked with his nose scrunched up in disgust at the condition of the building.

Lyra shrugged. "I don't know, but I heard that ever since last year, many shouts and screams were heard coming from this shack. I'm curious."

"Yes, curiosity definitely explains why you practically forced me to enter this horrid abomination of a house where there may or may not be terrifying creatures," Lucius said dryly, making Lyra raise an eyebrow at his statement.

"I never forced you." She said, entering the house. "You're very much free to leave, Lucius. Please don't stay on my account. After all, this is to satisfy my curiosity, not yours; so it is admittedly unfair for you to have to risk your precious life where there may or may not be terrifying creatures."

She disappeared into the house and as she expected, Lucius followed her with a scowl on his handsome face.

He scoffed. "Believe me, I would love to do so, Lyra, but I love you and it is my duty to protect you from terrifying creatures. So alas, I must come as well!"

Lyra raised an eyebrow at his answer and pressed her weight onto a loose wooden floorboard, causing a noise to occur and subsequently prompting Lucius to jump up high in the air, composure lost.

"Are you sure it shouldn't be me protecting you?" She asked with a tilt of her head, making Lucius flash her a glare.

He let the matter drop, knowing that if he took it forward, he would risk more embarrassment.

Both of them took the chance to look around the shack. The wallpapers were peeling away and had claw marks on them and there were stains of dry blood, splattered sporadically on both the floor and the walls. Every piece of furniture was broken as though somebody had smashed it. The windows were all boarded up.