Chapter Twenty Three: The Last Battle

Laura's eyes were filled with greed and power, ready to strike Miss Carine, who was cornered at a dark corner of the room.

Miss Carine's powerless face was trembling with fear, afraid of what might happen to her.

Bridget jolted awake. She saw what was happening in front of her.

"What.." she breathed.

Laura snarled. "Any last words?"

The principal hesitated, then with great difficulty, replied, "No."

Laura raised her hands above her head, preparing to strike the principal dead.

Bridget couldn't take any longer, she couldn't bear Laura killing Miss Carine, she couldn't bear seeing Laura tempted with power and greed. She couldn't bear anyone getting hurt.

"Stop!" Bridget yelled.

Laura whipped around. How dare anyone ruin her special moment.

"Bridget..." Laura breathed, the temptation wore off, she realized what she had done.

"Bridget, I'm sorry." Laura cried running to hug Bridget.

"It's okay, all that matters that you are alive." Bridget said, with a smile on her face.

Laura turned to Lily. She used her magic Bridget had given her and freed Lily from the vines.

Lily sat up, panting.

Miss Carine took this chance, she got up, and reached out for her wand that was lying on the ground.

"Sit!!!" Miss Carine yelled, and Bridget was forced to sit on one side of the Extractor, which looked like the bowl-ish part of the weighing scale where people usually put the things they want to weigh. And Laura was forced to sit in a corner with Lily.

"Finally! I've been waiting for this moment my whole life!" Miss Carine cackled, her eyes filled with greed and evil.

"Maybe we have a change of plans. I've seen how Laura can fight, I want her magic too." Miss Carine cackled. "Hmm..... ah! I have the perfect idea! First I will take Bridget's Magic and then Laura's! Laura cannot bear her friend to be dead, so she might as well die and go see Bridget in heaven!" Miss Carine laughed a very evil laugh.

"What a mean horrid thing to say! You will pay you, ugly principal!" Laura screamed her face turning red with anger.

She let out a low, raspy laugh.

Bridget and Laura exchanged glances, both were terrified.

Miss Carine pressed a button labeled: Transfer.

Then, she sat herself on the bowl-ish thingy on the other side of the 'giant weighing scale'.

The machine beeped.

Laura tried to help Bridget, but there was nothing she could do. Miss Carine had paralyzed her and  was forced to watch. Maybe this was Miss Carine's plan, to make her watch Bridget suffer and then make her  suffer. 

  Maybe she should have killed Miss Carine right then and there. She felt a pang of guilt.If only she hadn't got carried away, all this wouldn't have happened.

Laura looked over to Bridget. She was staring ahead, emotionless, with a steely glint in her eye. As if this was meant to happen.

But why, of all the fairies in the world, must this happen to Bridget Watson? Laura felt like crying. She felt like burying her head into her mother's arms and just cry.

Beep. The machine started counting down in a robotic voice, "Five. Four. Three."

 Bridget braced herself. She smiled at Laura and gave a slight nod of her head. As if saying, "I'll watch over you from the sky in heaven."

If Laura wasn't paralyzed, she would have screamed and smashed the Extractor to pieces.

"Two. One. Transferring magic now. Beep!" the machine said.

Then a beam of golden light came pouring down from the thing that looked like a perm machine on top of Bridget and Miss Carine's head.

"ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!" Bridget let out a piercing scream.

The first thing she felt was pain, blood-draining pain. Like her heart was ripped out of her chest and being chewed up to pieces by a dragon. Then dunked in stomach juice and stomped by a elephant. Then disintegrated. Only to be pooped out again. Bridget was slowly collapsing with tears running down her eyes.

Bridget knew this would be her last moment. She knew that she would end up like the fairies before her, drained of their powers, and left to die.

Laura closed her eyes not wanting to see her friend suffer. She prayed that nothing bad would happen to poor Bridget.

Bridget turned around to see how her nemesis was dealing with the pain. Hopefully, the pain would kill both of them, then at least Miss Carine wouldn't be able to take over the world.

But Miss Carine felt good, Miss Carine felt like she just won a lottery. She looked like she was on top of the world with a big proud smile on her face that Bridget wished she could just wipe that smile off her face.

Bridget didn't know exactly how Principal Carine felt, but she knew she was feeling the opposite of how she was feeling.

Laura felt sick to her stomach. All this was just....sick. She glanced at Lily from the corner of her eye. She was green in the face.

Bridget felt as if the life was being drained out of her. She screamed.

Miss Carine was positively beaming.

Then suddenly, the machine beeped ,"Beeeeeep!!!! Beeeeeep!!!!!"

Then suddenly, the golden light beaming down on them became red.

Before Laura and Bridget knew it, Miss Carine screamed in pain, while Bridget felt like she had just won a lottery.

"Aaah!! Help me! Somebody!" Miss Carine screamed in pain and agony.

But nobody stepped up.

"Cora! Help your master!" Miss Carine screamed again glancing at Cora.

"I am not your servant! Neither are you my master!" Cora cried suddenly.

Laura began to piece the pieces together. Suddenly, everything made sense. Miss Carine had accidentally hit the transfer button on the machine when she was shooting sparks of lightning. Now, the machine was malfunctioning, and the transferring process was being reversed. Bridget was the one getting the principal's powers.

Miss Carine's magic was fading away and Cora wasn't brainwashed by Miss Carine anymore.

Laura found out that she wasn't paralyzed anymore.

"No! Please help me!" Miss Carine screamed. "Please!"

Then, it all stopped.

Laura looked up to see Bridget's finger on the stop button.