S I X T E E N

25 COMMENTS!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lilah had asked Josh and Davina to keep the newfound knowledge from her family. She didn't want them to worry themselves trying to figure out what evil had befell them just yet, not when she was unsure what was going on.

Davina, however, did let her know that they had a lead on the White Oak Coven, finally, after all that time. She, Kol, and her mother would be heading out to track them down. Davina promised not to tell Kol a word about the files at the Salvatore School, both girls deciding to do their investigations separately and only share the results once they were both back in New Orleans.

It did take some weight off of her chest to know that she didn't have to worry about mother-daughter bonding or trying to figure out how Lorelle got there. No matter how hard she tried to get comfortable with Lorelle, the two of them just weren't clicking. It was nothing like the security she felt with Elijah.

"Wait, remember the story you told me about how witches could put their own bodies into the body of another?" Roman asked, him and Lilah taking advantage of the school's library.

So, perhaps Lilah had lied when she said she would let Davina do all the Lorelle research.

"Yeah?"

"What if that's what happened with your mom."

"Doesn't work that way anymore, sadly," she replied. "The spell witches used to perform resurrections relied a lot on either this place called The Other Side, or a resurrection spell regarding the person in question's ashes. Davina cast a spell like that when she was Regent once, power she was only allowed to access once by the Ancestors. She needed Kol's ashes, though the spell did get hi-jacked and my grandmother was resurrected instead..."

"And we're sure that this wasn't the same spell as Davina's?"

"My mother has been dead for over a thousand years. Unlike my grandmother whose corpse was found in a sealed coffin or whose ashes my aunts and uncles kept, my mother died and was buried."

"How do you know that for sure?" Roman asked.

She blinked a few times.

"I supposed I don't," she concluded. "But it just wouldn't be logical. It means that someone back then must have kept her ashes, and passed it down through generations because vampires did not exist when my mother was alive, and my grandfather had killed the entire village once he became a vampire out of rage. It's just not logical."

"She didn't have any relatives?"

Lilah shook her head. "From their journals, my mother was an orphan. When she became of age, she lived on her own in her own house. No family, other than perhaps my father."