𝟣𝟧 | The Maid

Bella

Rubbing my eyes, I made my way towards bathroom. Maybe after a very long time, I had a good sleep. As I looked into the mirror,memories from last night came rushing in my mind. The thing is I remembered everything from last night. I instantly wanted to slap myself for doing what I did. How could I kiss Mr. LaRasso, the owner of this mansion? Now what would he think about me? I almost showed my real self to him which no one was supposed to see. Now what if he took advantage of my weakness?

After doing my morning routine, I wore my maid dress and went downstairs. All I knew was I needed to avoid Mr. LaRasso from now on. He didn't have to see me weak. At the breakfast time when I served the men food, I didn't even look at him. Even Mr. LaRasso didn't seem to force anything on me. He was just as quite as I was and I was thankful for that. I hoped he forgot everything from last night.

"Are you okay? You seem too quiet today Bella," Sara asked as I was washing the dishes.

I turned around and gave her a smile to ensure that I was totally fine which I was not. "I'm okay,Sara. You don't have to worry." I went back to washing dishes.

"Your eyes are red. What happened?" She came closer to me and put her hand on my shoulder, worry was clear in her voice.

"I'm totally fine Sara. It was just, I had headache last night and I also took pills so don't worry." I said,turning fully towards her as I rubbed my forehead to make my lie look real.

"Oh. If you still have pain, you can take rest for a moment-" I knew she was worried about me but I cut her off.

"No Sara I'm fine now. I don't have to take rest and you don't have to worry your head okay?" I smiled at her before putting my both hands on her shoulder to turn her around and jokingly pushed her towards the counter. We both laughed as we both went back to our own works.

I was so embarrassed even by thinking about last night. First he saw me totally naked before leaving for a whole week and then last night I kissed him and fell unconscious in his arms and the next morning,I found myself in my bed which clearly showed he carried me to my bed.  No one has ever seen me naked and no one, not even Ria has seen me this much broken. Now any ordinary man would think that I was trying to seduce him. I could never let this happen. I had a reason to work here as a maid and as soon as I pay the debt, I would leave this place and never turn around to look at this kingly mansion.

All I wanted to do was erase all my encounters with Mr. LaRasso because every single one of them were embarrassing.

I closed my eyes and released a breath as I thought about the moment I kissed him. I felt so light for the first time in a very long time. As if all the pain were going away from my body. I felt that for a little time but it was there. And when I was in his arms, I felt so warm and protected as if the nightmares could never touch me. I didn't recognize the feeling but even for a little moment,I was so ready to be in his embrace again only if it helped me get away from my painful past. I knew I was very wrong to think that but I wanted to get away from this hell so badly.

"Thinking about me?"

As soon as I heard the very familiar voice, I felt shiver ran down to my core. I never felt this way after hearing someone's voice. Only his voice had this effect on me and I hated myself for that.

I didn't turn around as I knew who it was, I made myself busy with my work.

"What? Now you are going to ignore me?" He spoke again. His voice sounded so soft and calm but I could sense the desperation for my answer in his tone. I was too embarrassed to even be in the same room as him.