Chapter 37 - Say Something

"You're the one that I love and I'm saying goodbye.

Say something, I'm giving up on you."

Elena's POV

Elena's POV

"Even me, Amore (love)?"

That voice resonated through and a part of me was convinced I was imagining it through my exhaustion. My body instantly reacted as I sat up, looking over my shoulder and true to my heart's desires, there he stood in all his handsome grandeur. He stood with his hands in his pockets and the hallway's lighting shining behind his figure, gracefully outlining his silhouette.

"How did you..." I trailed off, looking behind him and half expecting guards to be rushing in.

"I guess not everyone in your family hates me." He shrugged his shoulders casually, gifting me with that beautifully charmed smile of his while shutting the door behind him.

"I'm so sorry." I sighed, having a brief idea of the kind of welcome he was subjected to.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Amore (love)." He disputed while shuffling inside. He walked around the hospital bed as I attempted to swing my legs over, grimacing slightly while maneuvering my injured foot.

"Whoa," Angelo rushed over to me faster, his hands gripping my leg gently and placing it back onto the bed securely. "Just stay in bed. I don't think you're supposed to be moving about so much."

"I'm already sick of being in this bed." I huffed in exasperation.

"Mmmm..." He hummed softly with his hand running up my leg, over my exposed outer thigh before placing it onto the bed beside my hip. He leaned further over me, tending down towards my face.

"And what if I lay in the bed with you?" He spoke huskily, his lips inches from mine.

"I feel like this a form of bribery," I mentioned, striving to close the space between us to which he abruptly pulled back.

"At this moment, I'm treating it as pure coercion." He uttered boldly, a cheeky smirk pulling on his lips.

"Oh... I see..." I nodded my head slowly with a slight chortle.

"That's quite alright, Babe. I'll lay here and you can sit right there. No bribery is needed." I pointed at the chair beside the bed, falling back into the pillow, knowing fully well that he wants to be beside me just as much. He is going to break his own restraint, not me.

"Wow..." He stood up straight, staring at me intently.

"She's learned the game so quickly. Picked up on all my strategies and brightly reflecting them back at me." He had a hearty laugh as he turned, pulling off his jacket and tossing it onto the chair. I watched him closely as he drew his phone out of his pocket and placed it onto his jacket. He then unclipped his watch, removing it off his wrist and setting it beside his phone.