46. Falling Apart

Enjoy Reading (:

__________________________

Present Day:

People would assume that by now Kabir knows that things are never easier for him but he still hoped that at least one thing in his life doesn't get complicated.

Like a fool, he hoped and got betrayed.

His Sunshine left him, leaving some stupid message, which he tore as soon as he read.

He found her and got her back from her favourite place. He knew that she was having anxiety attack and he would have understood her panic, had she not left abruptly and said the stupid things she said.

She was quiet from past four months and now she was questioning their relationship that too because of her pregnancy?

He wondered what will happen if she learns about his plan that begun after he woke up from his accident! She will definitely run away, just like she did today.

And he can't take that risk. Not when his plan is not completed and right now, the baby is his priority. Every plan comes after him or her.

So he has to make her sign those papers. He needed to make sure that his child is not taken away from him.

So he said, "Actions have consequences. You should have thought of it before running away Dr. Zara Inayat Ali."

He used her name for the first time in four months and noticed the hurt that he caused her but he didn't care.

He was so angry at her that he wanted to cut her out of his life because he didn't like weakness and she was being a model of that.

But then calmed himself and started thinking rationally. He knows that he can't cut her out of his life. In his anger he might think like that but he can't lose her, not after he planned everything so carefully.

He badly needed his sweetie pie right now because even though they hurt each other, they were each other's anchor. She would have understood him but then again she would have slapped him, after understanding his play.

Anyways now this game has crossed all the boundaries and he would just have to continue the charade.

But he really needed her to sign those papers.

And so he took a deep breath and noticed her entering the room and sleeping on the bed beside him, yet away from him while turning her back on him for the first time.

He knew that she cried.

She knew he hated tears.

Yet they didn't say anything to each other.

Both of them wondering about the mistakes that they have made and the consequences of them.

Yet both of them knew that this baby was too precious for them and now it was the only thing that was holding them together because the misunderstandings between them were so wide and the gap was too big to be covered.

They have drifted apart.

And this time neither he was going to play any game to be with her nor was she going to try and understand him.

***

Zara woke up next morning feeling unwell and vomited her stomach contents and Kabir was there with her and she felt bad for doubting him or saying those words. He left giving her giving her time to freshen up and she started thinking.

She was wrong to say those words.

But can't he forgive her for one mistake she did? She overlooked the world for him and one time...just one time she acted irrationally and he is behaving as if she meant nothing to him.